Looking for help for my sister

I need advise and help from those who have been through the psychiatric system and have somehow come out alive? still got your spirits? and know what and who to avoid. My sister has been through the institution too many times. She's gotten so much shock therapy and medications that did her no good. What's wrong with the psychiatric field? Did they forget the human inside the body? Now that she's a wreck of the system i.e. won't go out of the house, looks about 80 years old, shuffles, shakes, won't bath or shower, constantly repeats her ailments. What does her therapist do for her? Subscribe another medication that will make her worse? Clozapine. Who's used this? And did you get affected by the sideaffects? It looks like a Dracula formulae to me. Any other alternative success stories i.e. hypnosis, water threapy?, yoga, accupuncture, nutritional? intersperpsed with real talking therapy and a structure of exercise? There seems to me a big piece of the puzzle missing in the psychiatric formulae. Who really has lost their mind? How can you just prescribe medication and nothing more? I worked in a psychiatric hospital in Boston in the mid 70s and there was much more human interaction than what my sister's been given. What happened here? Sister of Mercy

It's very nice that you want to help your sister, and I hope she can get a competent psychiatrist and good care. However, our primary focus here at CrazyBoards is to help each other and share our experiences. This is a "first person" site, by crazy people and for crazy people.

If your sister came here looking for help, we would do whatever we could to advise her and help guide her to a healthy future. Since you are not the patient, you might find it more helpful to visit NAMI and other websites which have forums for family members of the mentally ill.

I hope you can get some help for your sister.

olga

Archived