CrazyBoards.org

Wtf, why is it sooo hard. It really shouldn't be. It seems I trick myself. Oh well, maybe this time.

I ask myself the same question all the time.

Hi all, WinterRose led me to another thread, it's titled harm minimization. Let's say it's an alternative to cold turkey. Cold turkey is not working for me. Drinking is still necessary as a coping method with my MI right now. I liked the concept, thought I would pass it on.

To be honest I will not stay sober right now, but I can try to limit the amount I drink or use.

It's under the substance abuse category.

5 days is awesome flash!

I'd like to say that I will try to be dry all of December.  I bought a few bottles of wine since I posted in here, and after each one, I thought, this just is so not worth it.  Headaches, depression, the buzz wasn't even fun.  And yet last night I really wanted wine.  I don't get it.  But, the last time was 11/30, so I could potentially stay off December...

Hi all, WinterRose led me to another thread, it's titled harm minimization. Let's say it's an alternative to cold turkey. Cold turkey is not working for me. Drinking is still necessary as a coping method with my MI right now. I liked the concept, thought I would pass it on.

To be honest I will not stay sober right now, but I can try to limit the amount I drink or use.

It's under the substance abuse category.

5 days is awesome flash!

thanks for this, and i hope you find it helpful.  me, after my constant relapsing--perhaps a more realistic way to go. 

I failed the December test, but I only drank on three days of the last 31. Looked at that way, I don't feel so bad.

Fail, fail, fail, I am finished trying. Don't even remember why I was trying in the first place. This is bigger than me. It won.

Nobody posting for the holidays??

K, I don't want to ruin them for friends or myself (won't be seeing family), so either none or very few. Still haven't decided. I only drink about 2 times a month, so waiting isn't a big deal. Wouldn't really call it waiting. I think stress builds up, then I decide to drink and too often to excess. I feel no stress about this holiday run - mostly because no family to deal with. Just make some good food for my best friend and roommate. His bday is Christmas Eve too. What I'm hoping for is just warmth, comfy clothes, colored lights, some movies and lotsa food.

I blew last week and I'm struggling today to stay off the sauce. Wish I had stuck to my harm minimization schedule. One day kept spilling over into the next, unfortunately.

New med says no drinking because of liver toxicity. I have no idea how I'm gonna do that. I'm freaking out. I've done reasonably well with harm minimization, considering my extreme drinking problem. But nothing?¿? I don't know how long I can last.

New med says no drinking because of liver toxicity. I have no idea how I'm gonna do that. I'm freaking out. I've done reasonably well with harm minimization, considering my extreme drinking problem. But nothing?¿? I don't know how long I can last.

Flash,

What are you new meds?   I found it easier to not drink or use, when my meds started working better. Still took a while, but drinking stopped working and actually made me really symptomatic on the the depression end of things.

I know how hard you want this, I so hope you can do it.  

Sending support and strength.