CrazyBoards.org

Made it month. Yay! Today is day 32. Hopefully I can make it through another ten days, as then that will be the longest I've been off the sauce since early 2007.

Day 41. If I make it through to tomorrow morning, it'll be the longest I've been dry in eight years.

wow congrats, flash. that is huge. & you can do it. day is half over est anyway. i believe you can make it.

i am on day 2. i know.

Yay Flash!

I have been pretty damn good. I've only had one drink this month so far, on Valentine's Day out w my husband, a single glass of white wine. I nursed it like a lady and surprisingly turned down a 2nd glass. I'm getting used to turning down drinks (as well as not acting on urges to take that 2nd, 3rd and 4th drink).

I continue to need practice, I am having a girls night out involving Mexican food and margaritas. I don't mind allowing myself to one margarita and no shots.. But I don't know if I can stop myself when out with friends. I did already warn my closest friend I am not doing shots. She said she'd honor that but the problem is once she is drunk herself she won't be able to stop me lol.

I'm definitely going to have to talk with my therapist about this situation.

That's really good for the month, teacup! I imagine it's tough when out with people. Sending strength for margarita night.

I made it. :)

congrats, Flash!!!! way to go!

...i am on day 6.  day by day.  i will not drink today. 

I made it. :)

congrats, Flash!!!! way to go!

...i am on day 6.  day by day.  i will not drink today.

Great work, Fantod! It does get easier as time goes on, but errant cravings sometimes come out of nowhere. I have extra motivation right now, which is helping, so I don't know how I'll do when these 150 days are up (assuming I make it that far).

Day 51 and I'm Jonesing. I'm having another typically crappy and completely unproductive day and would just really like a drink. Or ten. But I can't because of this stupid medicine. Or I could and blow up my liver and lose my Rx. Ugh. wish I could fall asleep and never wake up.

Popped open a bottle of wine tonight, stubbornness got the best of me, took a couple sips and poured it out.

Surprised me it felt like more effort to drink it than not (after effects). I've been turning down drinks easily all week but tonight was close call.

Thanks.

How are y'all doing?  I keep dreaming about booze.  No joke.  But I'm not craving it during waking hours...

Day 68 and still having cravings. I guess they never go away. That pretty much dooms abstinence, I think, because I will not be able to hold out forever.