CrazyBoards.org

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The NO drinks club This is for the weak at heart This doesn't mean you can't ever drink again You just can't drink today and you have to say this everyday you know who you are.....

Hi. My name is M and I am an alcoholic. I have 61 days sober today. 

I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict with six years clean and sober. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know it takes the edge off, as I've used it for that plenty, but it's really not the best idea in the end. I have been floundering lately, though, and I really need to get back to a harm minimization plan. I hope your mood returns to baseline soon.

Had a beer last weekend in a fit of anger and despair, but am not going to have any more. It's just too hard to moderate. I can't even enjoy the one I have without constantly thinking about how to get the next one. It also helped that the hubs was hammered all weekend- I got to see the lovely effects of alcohol on the stomach and face, not to mention in his behavior. I really could have used someone to talk to, but instead he was passed out on the couch. I spent too many years passed out on couches- I don't want to be like that anymore.

For some people, unfortunately, trying to be a normal drinker is just more of a pia than it's worth. And it does indeed make MI symptoms worse, as well as reducing the effectiveness of some meds. And it makes it less likely that you can do other things that will help you get healthy, like eat right and exercise. Get some support if you can- quitting and staying quit is about 1000 times easier if you don't go it alone. You're welcome to PM me if you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/1/2018 at 8:05 PM, Byron-Black said:

I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict with six years clean and sober. 

Byron and any other sober folks still watching this thread, my hat's off to you for doing this and making it so far.  I'm 15 days into my new sober life today.  I could not imagine I would be doing this two months ago but here I am.  And I'm happier than ever.  Being sober is very underrated. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

My date is 11/30/2015.

I am for the first time since I got through my 90/90 thinking about drinking. AA pissed me off. Long story. Some are sicker than others.  For real. 

I'm coming to realize the relationship I just ended was a replacement for the insanity of my drinking. I'm going crazy without all that adrenaline.  All the fighting and roller coaster emotions.

I keep thinking of going out, and indulging in my drink of choice. I  know that means I should go to a meeting. But I  have a lot of resentment. Also, AA doesn't get MI,  which is why I had a falling out. Ffs, you can't quit benzos (rx'd), just bc program people think you're a junkie (oh I mean you can, but then there is the seizures and death part). I fell out with my sponsor bc she flipped out when my Dr put me on trazodone for insomnia.  I was like, it's an antidepressant not a narcotic you moron.

Anyway, I'm having a tough time. I'm glad you're here.

• 2 years later...

After a little over 2 months, I succumbed to temptation while in the grocery store. It’s just so easy to cave when it’s right there staring you in the face. They always seem to put it in a place where you can’t avoid seeing it, too. I wish they didn’t sell it at grocery stores. 

• 2 weeks later...