CrazyBoards.org

Dont know how to feel anymore?

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the place to post this, and sorry if a waffle! I am 37 years old and in a relatively new relationship ( 2.5 years ) in which I now live with two teenage children together with my new partner. I split from my wife 3 years ago and have two biological children whom I havent seen for roughly that period.

I am currently having cbt therapy and am on 20mg Escitalopram daily.

What I have recently realised is that I am suffering from some kind of illness but I am not sure, or cannot begin to comprehend what is going on with me.

I have totally lost control or cannot comprehend what I am or what life is about.

When my wife and I split 3 years ago, it coincided with the death of my mum whom I was very close to, and subsequently forced me into having a relationship with my Dad whom I never really did relate to in any sense whatsoever.

My father is very ill and is currently under rehab from having a major heart attack a few months ago.

I have no communication from my ex and have no idea how to embark on any legal process in seeing my biological children.

My current situation has turned very bad in which my current partners ex husband has started to be very threatening towards me and my new family and I have no idea how to cope.

I am suffering very intense insomnia and any sleep I do get usually entails me having night terrors very rapidly and I awake within an hour of getting off to sleep

My new partner if very spiritual and into self help so whilst I value her knowledge I also recognise that she has no idea what I am going through and perhaps thinks that there are very easy options for me that will sort my life out.

I am lost, empty and have no idea where to turn. I think I want to be independant but I dont know how to cope with all the shit that Ive invited into my life.

I realise I am just ranting, however I must admit having this rant has given me some relief.!!!

I want to sleep peacefully and to be able to cope with the simple things in life.

Stu xx

is there any way you can get a restraining order against the ex? there has to be a way to get that stress out of your life.

That is something we are going to have to look into now. It all went horribly messy this morning. He turned up at the house and eventually got arrested after getting physically abusive with my step daughter.

I am in quite a mess. But I am so grateful for finding this site

stu xxx

is there any way you can get a restraining order against the ex? there has to be a way to get that stress out of your life.

That is something we are going to have to look into now. It all went horribly messy this morning. He turned up at the house and eventually got arrested after getting physically abusive with my step daughter.

I am in quite a mess. But I am so grateful for finding this site

stu xxx

I am not sure where you are, but in California, you would be able to get a temporary restraining order on Monday for that. You would have to go back to court to get a permanent restraining order. And if your step-daughters are minors, you might be able to get parental visitation under supervision, only. I am forgetting the exact legal terminology.

You should be able to pursue visitation rights for you own kids by court order as well.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago (only it was my mothers ex-boyfriend). Eventually after months of stalking her in various ways and turning up to the house at random times he left us alone. That was after at least half a dozen calls to the police might I add. The only things I can suggest you do is 1) try to get that restraining order and 2) make sure that you let your therapist know about all of this going on. I know all too well what it's like to not know what life is about.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago (only it was my mothers ex-boyfriend). Eventually after months of stalking her in various ways and turning up to the house at random times he left us alone. That was after at least half a dozen calls to the police might I add. The only things I can suggest you do is 1) try to get that restraining order and 2) make sure that you let your therapist know about all of this going on. I know all too well what it's like to not know what life is about.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

Its very helpful just knowing that I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

Thanks

Stu xxx

Archived