CrazyBoards.org

i just found this board today -

i don't remember now what i was searching for when i found this board today but i've read through several posts that i can really relate to.

i'm a divorced mother of 2. i've been a stay at home mom for 10 years and have been living with my boyfriend for 4 years. i have been depressed all my life with a few bouts of relief but mostly i'm either blah or in hell. mix in some anxiety too. plus, my father was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and the stress of that has not helped me at ALL.

i am not on any meds but have tried several. i do not have a therapist mostly because insurance only pays for 10 visits and that isn't really going to do shit. not to mention the therapists i've tried in the past have all been idiots so it seems like a horribly daunting task to try to find one that fits.... one that thinks outside the textbook box. i know they are out there, i just don't know how to find them....

anyway, i'm glad i found this place.

Welcome to Crazyboards. Sounds like you could use some support and information. I bet some of the members here would have helpful hints on finding a good tdoc.

It's your turn to make the coffee in the morning. Bring some doughnuts in, too. ;)

olga

Are you in the US?

I read somewhere that insurance companies are now REQUIRED to provide same coverage (# of visits) for MI as it does for other illnesses.

I don't know any details, so I may be way off base.

I guess I need to check my own insurance to see if it has changed.

Maybe there's already info posted in the medical system section. I didn't think to check.

Otherwise, welcome.

This place is a bargain. More nuts in the bag. Same low price. ;)

Welcome to Crazyboards. Sounds like you could use some support and information. I bet some of the members here would have helpful hints on finding a good tdoc.

It's your turn to make the coffee in the morning. Bring some doughnuts in, too. ;)

olga

thanks for the welcome.... i make the worst coffee. better to skip my turn ; )

Are you in the US?

I read somewhere that insurance companies are now REQUIRED to provide same coverage (# of visits) for MI as it does for other illnesses.

I don't know any details, so I may be way off base.

I guess I need to check my own insurance to see if it has changed.

Maybe there's already info posted in the medical system section. I didn't think to check.

Otherwise, welcome.

This place is a bargain. More nuts in the bag. Same low price. ;)

yes, i'm in the US. the last time i tried to find a therapist i was told they would only cover 10 visits per year. that MAY have changed.... i have a pretty high deductible now which may also be an issue. the last time i talked to the insurance company i didn't have a deductible. i'm thinking that they may not cover a dime of it. they're probably closed on monday and tuesday i spend the day taking my dad to chemo so i'm going to make a real effort to call on wednesday.

Hi.

All insurance plans work differently. This may not apply, but it would be worth investigating. My employer offeres EAP/Concern which includes 10 therapy visits. Additionally, my medical insurance works two ways regarding therapy. If I were to decide to seek therapy on my own, I would qualify for 10 visits. If I get the referral thru a psychiatrist for what my insurance tags as a serious mental illness, therapy is unlimited. I have bipolar and have the referral thru my pdoc. I also know that depression qualifies the same with a psychiatric referral. Since this is thru my medical insurance, my employer doesn't have access to the info, either.

Hi Melpomene! That sounds Greek? I make lousy coffee as well. But I love crullers. ;)

Stacia, that is very interesting about your insurance. I have Mental Health Parity in my PPO, but it is billed differently than my other healthcare (jerks).

Archived