CrazyBoards.org

can you help others understand

Guest FeelingGuiltyAndWrong

Guest FeelingGuiltyAndWrong

is there anything you can say to people to help them understand that you don't mean to be this way to them, is there any way to apologize and not have it look like trying to make excuses. i feel like i get so upset sometimes and i say and do things, that i don't know if anyone will forgive me for, i don't blame people for not liking me or wanting to be around me yet i still wish i could be forgiven and understood because i love people so much, i don't think anyone understands how much. that i'm not a bad person i just can't get a hold of myself sometimes. i don't want to expect people to tolerate me but at the same time i don't want to be alone. i deserve to be alone i think but i still want people to know how sorry i am. is there any way to do that.

I do know of what you speak, feeling that way sometimes, and taking on the blame, shame and responsibility for the illness.

The fact is.. it is an ILLNESS, and no way are we responsible for where it takes us..

Do post again and explain where you get the idea we are any way less because we have this very cruel and devistating

battle daily.

david

Well, kind of we are responsible for our own actions. Trying to tell anyone else that you aren't responsible for what you've done because of your illness will only ever sound like making excuses.

The best way to demonstrate your intention to change your behavior is by working with a pdoc and tdoc to achieve stability.

My son has ADHD. He is not responsible for his illness that causes his irrational and upsetting behavior. But he is responsible for taking his medication every morning. We provide him with reminders and the routine to do so, but it is his ultimate responsibility to take the pill. And if he forgets, he is aware that his behavior is not proper, and knows indistinctly that he can calm himself down. He will always immediately calm himself down with a simple reminder from myself.

He's 12.

Bipolar is not ADHD, but we are all built in with a self-check system that tells us when we fuck up, and when we are getting close to fucking up so we can stop. If you do not possess such self control mechanism, I suggest that you bring this up with a psychiatrist and/or therapist (preferably both) as soon as possible.

I can't advise you on how to make people like you. The two friends I had in the world won't talk to me right now and the only reason my husband is with me is because he's a saint.

Hi,

I just fucked up tremendously in letting myself get more ill over a period of months and not seeking help. I scared and hurt a lot of people.

I had my reasons, but at the end of the day, I fucked up. I know that. I have admitted it. I have apologized to the people I wronged, saying that I fucked up and I am sorry and here is why I won't do it again. Now I am working on making sure it doesn't happen again.

Then I forgave myself. That can be tough too.

It's as simple as that.

Archived