CrazyBoards.org

FOR THOSE OF U WHO HAVE IT HOW DO U STOP THOUGHT BROADCASTING?

Guest Eric Hoque

Hi,

Been on every class and almost every individual psychiatric medication applicable for 9 years now.

Suffering from THOUGHT BROADCASTING. Can anyone who's actually experienced it explain a way to stop or prevent it

from happening? Trying to find a job, career with this affliction but seems nearly impossible. Any help will

be greatly appreciated. Can anyone recommend a med that works for this? I 've tried nearly all of them including

but not all the antiquated antipsychotics................

Eric

• 5 weeks later...

hi,

I have dealt with Broadcasting thoughts for 10 years now. Funny enough I was going to college to be in filmmaking and tv broadcasting... before i knew i had schizo. ANYWAYS

they put me on zyprexa, and it was a tough 3 years until i went on paxil too, for my social anxiety disorder, and it was nauseating like you know it is. But i just started writing about it, writing down

everything that i thought of. Or broadcast. the pills actually helped me too. I was afraid people could hear my disturbing thoughts on my sexual fetishes, and it embarrassed me to no end. So, i decided to write about it, and make art about it, to tell people through my art that i liked these sexual fetishes. And it has helped. Its been a while since i've had a rough broadcast thought session.

I knew what was going on, obviously couldnt control it, but i try to laugh about it. i try to talk some sense to myself when it happens. Just believe that it isn't true.

well, hope that helped

• 11 months later...

Im sorry guys to break it to you but your not crazy! 4 real i have felt you have felt if not worse and logically looked at it. for off my aunt has has this system and more and has been diagnosed and med ed ever since she left the army. I started realizing i was thought broadcasting back in 08.....I feel no shame because even though i have fetishes i know that there are worse people...ex there are men that have sex with horses.I experimented with it and recorded and documented and even have been checked by a doctor and cleared....the doctor will sell you anything if you give him a reason to.Oh by the way when i said i tested it i broadcasted my thoughts super negative on people close to me and people i didn't know before i was in site or said anything and that controlled the subject of what they spoke about and how they reacted. it works 9 out of 10 ties unless your dealing with a smart one. I bet this is something that you wont admit but all of you that are honest on this site has thought' I am noticing in some way or another that the people that can read my thoughts act different from me". if you haven't realized that yet then take a look at your life and see how many people that can read your thoughts are your close friend or are real close to you and don't try to change your thought pattern. trust me if you would have never said it feels like someone is reading your thoughts you could have point the finger and called them crazy for acting like they can read yours but you panicked because the thing is/was that they were right. there isn't much research on this because this tactic is widely used but look up gang stalking and if your life has these symptoms you have been Mis diagnosed. Message back with your experiences please or reply on how someone else's idea told you to tell me im wrong through unsound reason that you yourself with all the researching in the world could back up yet still believe.

Oh P.s you don't get rid of it because its not a problem its a sense and stops bothering you simply by learning how to control it like i have been doing for two and something years.

There are people who are very sensitive and intuitive, yes. And they can probably pick up on your body lauguage as you are 'broadcasting" the "thought"

however, this is different from people actually reading your mind which only occurs (internally) when you are psychotic.

AAPs and APs and a psychiatirst and therapist would be your way of, if not ridding yourself of this entirely, learning to manage your disorder in a way that enables you to be more functional.

Anna

sorry for adding more reading but i know a few things that may help like when you ask people if they know they say they dont because its the subconscious mind working reading and responding. your sub works kinda like your wake mind but its a lot smarter than your willing to give credit for. best tips ...Ignorance creates fear and fear is defeat....find out everything and leave no stone unturned and i promise ....no i swear not just this problem but any prblem that has to do with self with cease to exist....i bet my soul on it. God bless

Hi,

Been on every class and almost every individual psychiatric medication applicable for 9 years now.

Suffering from THOUGHT BROADCASTING. Can anyone who's actually experienced it explain a way to stop or prevent it

from happening? Trying to find a job, career with this affliction but seems nearly impossible. Any help will

be greatly appreciated. Can anyone recommend a med that works for this? I 've tried nearly all of them including

but not all the antiquated antipsychotics................

Eric

pleae read my post below yours and comment back. the longer one first

Guest Vapourware

Being intuitive and sensitive to others is not the same as being psychotic, please be very careful of the distinction. Having psychosis is very distressing for those who have it.

As for bringing thought broadcasting under control, my thought broadcasting has gone away largely due to medication. Some therapy has helped in recognising the early signs of thought broadcasting and I've learned to tell myself that if I get that sensation again, then it's not actually happening but is a symptom of my illness. It can be hard to do but it's been useful.

there are men that have sex with horses.I experimented with it and recorded and documented

:wacko: steveoz, it may well be that you have far more problems than thought broadcasting.

ETA: i gave it more than an hour, came back read the post again and still am left with impression that steveoz's experiment was with horses. However, I am willing to think that the impression was created secondary to a lack of paragraph breaks and adequate punctuation...

I think that's a punctuation thing. Ugh. :shudders:

Meds meds meds.

And, I find I can stop thought insertion by wearing a hat. :lol:

(Seriously)

Don't ask me why a hat works. People can't see through it to see into/get into my head.

Perhaps it would work on an emergency basis (until meds kick in) for thought broadcasting as well.

OK Wacko of course i was talking about someone else....and im still sure that even if i meant me you would still offer medication and calling having sex with a horse a sickness.no having sex with a horse isn't a sickness its just sick......like doctors supplying hopeless people with pills that are useless. look at the comments below.....someone just said that in one sentence that the meds helped completely.the very next sentence is that even on the meds it happens. Maybe just maybe your or these doctors really don't have a clue..but im maybe mistaken just about you because you really didn't enter any helpful information other then letting me know i could exited the sick minded. Back to my subject i ran experiments based on thought broadcasting and found its not a illusion when your right. Thats like saying people who pray need medication based off a belief. I only becomes a problem when you let it control you. It still happens to me but its futile because after you examine it carefully for a while you wll reason away all your fear and find for yourself what is the cause. You dont become crazy over night you know so there would be more signs than being syc

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone. I first want to tell you all that I love you and that the only reason I am writing this is because I believe you have a right to the truth, which I myself have been searching for for years. I have been replying on as many of these forums as I can find and have even been updating wikipedia to get this out where I can. People can hear your thoughts. There is no question about it. I am sure you will believe this because I know that you already know deep down that it is the truth. I cannot prove it to you over this blog, but I just wanted to let you know (for those of you desperate for help) that it IS real. I have heard countless pieces of evidence to prove it to myself and still had trouble accepting it (the most blatant of which being someone saying aloud in a public place after a tirade of my thoughts, "Yeah, God gave you this as a conscience." I struggled to accept it for a long time, telling myself it was impossible. There is no way on this Earth that people would be able to hear each others' thoughts. Even now when I really think about it, it seems ridiculous. I cannot give you any explanations or reasons, but I can assure you without any doubt that it is real. I tell you this because I can hear other peoples' thoughts as well. People rarely think anything because everyone can hear them. I have also been told by my close friend and roomate, although not to my face, but in a quiet whispered conversation at a table, "I'm inside your heart. I can hear what you're thinking." This was only after a huge rant which I had been thinking, where I had been thinking something to the effect of "If you will just tell me once that it is real, I will stop all of this."("This" being some very angry and lengthy rants, inside my head of course, in which I was just being very hateful and angry, probably due to my confused desperation. Oh, and after the rant, my roomate came out of his room and in passing by me, stated, "That took balls." when I was doing nothing that would make someone say something like that, and I knew it was because he could hear my mental harangue.) I am not entirely sure what that statement about the heart means, but I have also come to know that it is true. Somehow, even if you are not thinking any words as thoughts, but are having strong emotions, and when your heart feels heavy, people know. They sometimes say things like "It's a little hot in here," whenever you are having a strong emotion such as anger or anxiety. I wish I could tell you why or how this is possible because believe me, I am dying to sit down with someone and actually have a discussion to learn everything that is really going on, but they simply refuse to be straightforward with this information. For the life of me, I can't understand why that is because almost everyone seems to know about it, and what could it hurt two people talking about it who already know it to be true. But as I said, I don't really think I have to prove it to you who are on this site because you really already know. But more than simply to get this information out, I wanted to offer some comfort to those who are having difficulty in coming to terms with this. I know it may seem horrible or even unbearable at times. To have your every waking thought scrutinized and judged by the people around you, and having no form of privacy in your life whatsoever can be very terrifying. What I really wanted to let you know is that I care about you. Whatever terrible things may be going through your mind, and believe me I have my share of them every day and very often think of suicide as a way to end this agony (not simply as an escape, but to relieve those around me of my "sickness"), life is worth living. People may judge you or even seem to hate you for what you think sometimes, but really they could not care less. It is a game to them, I'm sorry to say. They seem to be here to help at times, and at others to pull you down, but really all they care about is you being "cool" with everyone and being social. I have felt like I hated everyone for this, most of all because I could not get the truth out of anyone. So I really wanted to let those of you who seek this knowledge to be at ease, at least in that aspect. I think knowing is worth something even though it is a scary thing. But the best thing you can do is to not let it overwhelm you, however difficult that may seem. Try to be calm, and remember who you really are. Those terrible thoughts that seem to crop up simply because you don't want them to do not control you. You can recognize them and feel bad about them, but do not let them bring you down. As I said, people are very forgiving and this game they play is easy enough if you just be cool. I promise you everyone else will get over any horrible thoughts you have before you will, even if those thoughts may be about them. People are willing to love, so long as you can maintain yourself and not be brought down. Also, after a while you will be able to control yourself to where you can talk to yourself as to mask your thoughts from others. It is not easy to do, but if you think deeply enough,(deeper thoughts, I have found cannot be heard) with a clear head, and possibly whisper to yourself, you will not be heard. So that's it. I hope that this will help those of you who are possibly in the position I was in not too long ago, which is not to say that I'm not still dealing with it because as I said I still have some horrible thoughts. All we can do, though, is know that those thoughts are not who we are and move on and live in peace and love. Again, please don't let it overwhelm you. Life can be a beautiful thing if you are truly living it.

Truthfinderz,

I said this in reply to another post of yours. It still applies. I'm glad you care about people here and we care about you. That's why I'll say to you that you thoughts are affected by an illness. Believing that you can hear other's thoughts is delusional. Experiencing it is another form of pychosis. You need to see your psychiatrist.

• 1 month later...

The problem is that you are very self aware. You need to train yourself to be more aware of your surroundings. practice this everyday, focus on what you hear, what you see and what you feel.

Blinkii, regarding the advice you've been giving people here, do you believe antipsychotics should be the first-line treatment for thought broadcasting?

The problem is that you are very self aware. You need to train yourself to be more aware of your surroundings. practice this everyday, focus on what you hear, what you see and what you feel.

How does this have anything to do with psychosis?

Erm... and this is stopping thought broadcasting how exactly? We're talking about psychosis here, which basically means that you're already hyper aware of your surroundings and not interpreting them correctly. The only thing that helps in this case is the right medication. Usually, when you're in the middle of psychosis, you can't just talk yourself out of it.

Believing that you can hear other's thoughts is delusional. Experiencing it is another form of pychosis. You need to see your psychiatrist.

I wish it were a delusion.

Disorderly

Do you think you hear other people's thoughts? I've thought that before, but it's not real. Listen to Stacia and let your pdoc know

I've had this. it comes and goes. right along with paranoia.

I try to reassure myself that NOBODY GIVES A SHIT WHAT I'M THINKING.

that helps until my medication kicks in.

I suppose if I were so minded I might get a kick out of it. but I actually hate that feeling and yes- it is a delusion. similar to a delusion of grandeur, of having a power more than others do ... very bad for me makes it hard to maintain the life I love

Archived