CrazyBoards.org

New Blog Format - How to see favorites?

So, I'm pretty much hating the new blog display, probably because I have no idea how to make it do what I want. Instructions for the technologically challenged would be really nice...

Main question:

How can you make the board display favorite blogs?

see my blog post and the following discussion.

Your favorite blogs are listed under the "go" button. If you go to "view all blogs" or whatever it is, there's a listing of favorite blogs on the right hand side with private club blogs left out.

It's not as good an interface as the last version I'm afraid.

um...ok...so I got that figured out. But there are blogs listed that haven't been in my favs for a LONG, LONG time, plus blogs that I know are listed that don't show?

You don't have to answer that. I'll figure it all out eventually.

Thanks for all the hard work that you do around here to keep this place running. That was really the more important thing to say.

I am intermittently getting this error message when clicking on anything in the blogs section

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

edited:

OK one time I'm consistently getting this error is when I try to respond to a comment in a blog.

edited again:

I am also getting this error when trying to access blogs through "today's active content". I have to go to the blogs tab at the top. The "todays active content" feature isn't working for blogs.

It's not the same, but when i hit view blog list it *kinda* goes back to normal. Im able to find blogs that I KNOW are marked with hearts but don't show when I hit the go button or whatever that is.

FWIW, it doesn't stay the same, you have to keep clicking the view blog list thingie. Every time you go to the blog page, I mean. And i get that error message when I click on view new content, too. It's 'list all blogs' btw. I can't keep my name in my head half the time, so the new shiny buttons are hard. Anyway, yeah.

This just might be a problem on my end but when I change it to "list" all that junk on the right sits over top of the blogs and I can't read the whole titles and stuff.

What's your screen resolution?

I am also getting this error when trying to access blogs through "today's active content". I have to go to the blogs tab at the top. The "todays active content" feature isn't working for blogs.

This is a known bug and is scheduled to be fixed in the upcoming release.

This just might be a problem on my end but when I change it to "list" all that junk on the right sits over top of the blogs and I can't read the whole titles and stuff.

Beetle, fyi...just a thought...I have my text size zoomed to more than 100% since I can't see otherwise and I get the overlapping text. The problem goes away if I return the view to 100% or less.

</h1>

<h1>www.crazyboards.org Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

«Return to the index

Does anyone else get this? When I go to add a comment to a blog. ?? I'm sure I'm being ;) and it's not a HUGE deal but to return to what I was doing I have to load the URL for CB. If I try to "refresh the page by clicking 'here', I get a 404 error msg.

</h1>

There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

«Return to the index

Does anyone else get this? When I go to add a comment to a blog. ?? I'm sure I'm being ;) and it's not a HUGE deal but to return to what I was doing I have to load the URL for CB. If I try to "refresh the page by clicking 'here', I get a 404 error msg.

I think that's the same problem as I mentioned up above...or maybe not, this s/w release is so screwed up...who knows.

Beetle, fyi...just a thought...I have my text size zoomed to more than 100% since I can't see otherwise and I get the overlapping text. The problem goes away if I return the view to 100% or less.

Yeah OK, I did <ctrl><-> and it stopped overlapping but now the text is so small ya can't read it. Nice. So in order to be able to read the text I have to deal with the overlap crap.

FWIW, it doesn't stay the same, you have to keep clicking the view blog list thingie. Every time you go to the blog page, I mean.

Yeah, I was annoyed by that as well, but then I found on the bottom of the list page a small text button that says: keep list as blog start page.

If you click this, next time you view the blogs they will still appear as a list.

</h1>

«Return to the index

I know about the 404. That's because of how I have the redirect set up so you go from http://www.crazyboards.org/ to http://www.crazyboards.org/forums. Just hit refresh from your browser or hit the back button and hit refresh, etc. Don't bother with that link.

If you set it to view 50 blogs instead of just 10 you'll get a layout a lot like how it used to be.

Yeah OK, I did <ctrl><-> and it stopped overlapping but now the text is so small ya can't read it. Nice. So in order to be able to read the text I have to deal with the overlap crap.

It might just be your resolution. IPB doesn't support smaller screen sizes. Make sure you're at at least 1024x768.

Archived