CrazyBoards.org

Tolerance question

I don't think I have built tolerance to the Klonopin, If you don't feel tired anymore, have you built up a tolerance?

I don't have panic attacks taking it, I do have anxiety- yes, but no panic attacks.

Here's another question, last May I tapered myself down to 2.25mg a day from 4mg, then this month went back to 3mg, I was taking Valium a month before reinstating the Klonopin, I do get depressed on it of course, but have I built tolerance up if I don't have Panic?

Or do not feel tired like it made me feel years ago?

Thanks, Billy.

There is such a thing as differential tolerance - that means that you can be tolerant to some effects and not to others. If you are still getting anxiety relief but are not tired, it could be that you are tolerant to the sedation, but not the anxiolysis.

There is such a thing as differential tolerance - that means that you can be tolerant to some effects and not to others. If you are still getting anxiety relief but are not tired, it could be that you are tolerant to the sedation, but not the anxiolysis.

Correct.

I agree with MP, but I would add that because you're not sedated does NOT mean you haven't habituated to benzos. At the doses you're taking Klonopin, you are almost certainly habituated to it. The longer you've been on it the moreso withdrawal is a problem. I'm not sure why you were asking about tolerance but, yeah, it's pretty likely you are adapting.

Archived