CrazyBoards.org

reservations about remeron

i recently started seeing a new psychiatrist, and based on somebody's reccommendation here i asked for remeron to add to my seroquel at night because i wasn't getting very good sleep on seroquel and getting long ass dreams that left me tired each morning. i initially stopped it after two days becuase i didn't think i wanted to deal with the extra sedation, but i tried it again the past two days and the antidepressant effect is definitely noticeable. i feel like i can think and feel in ways that i didn't think would be possible without a lot of effort and things getting better. but i also know it doubles up on some of the effects of seroquel and i don't know if i want that (i think i'm getting enough 5ht2 antagonism and antihistamine effect as it is) and i read in the PI that it effects norepinephrine - and i've had bad experiences in the past with meds that touched NE. i don't think its going to help my sleeping problem necessarily, because i had the loooongest dream i've ever had last night. its definitely helping with the depression and things feeling desparate, but part of me is a little worried that i won't be able to keep it up and that it'll make me more anxious or exacerbate soem of my problems now (like feeling sleepy for half of the day) but i think it'd be a bad idea to give up some of the anti-depressant effects right now. any experiences? is anybody takign it with an anxiety disorder?

Hey,

I was on Remeron for a good six months, and I have depression and anxiety.

For me, Remeron was AMAZING for my anxiety. I actually stopped it because it wasn't un-depressing me enough.

It can be bad with the sedation, but if it's working well for you so far, I'd give it a chance.

Yes, I take Remeron and have anxiety, among a number of other symptoms. Regular sleep eluded me before Remeron. Dosage adjustments were necessary at first to get the right balance of antidepressant/sleep effects. For me, it combines well with all other meds I've been on. It's one of the few meds I've taken with no side effects, but as with any med, YMMV. Suggest checking with prescribing doc before discontinuing...

it's just given me a lot of mental focus and stimulation that i'm not used to. maybe its part of the overall antidepressant effect, but i think its just because i'm not used to any kind of norepinephrine stimulation. i'm dealing with chronic fatigue from a variety of physical issues, and its almost like i'm unprepared for mental focus. that's the one thing i'm a little concerned about. it was weird today. like normally i put off making cb posts because i just can't form the words right, and today i was in a fog most of the day. but this afternoon i just rattled off this entry almost spontaneously after i had come back from running some errands. i guess i'll give it sometime since its hard to say no to the antidepressant effect, but i was really tempted last night just to stop eventhough i didn't know why - just to avoid some potential issue that might come up.

Archived