CrazyBoards.org

I'm getting so frustrated :(

I feel like I'll never know what's wrong with me. I took that test that is supposed to help to diagnose you three times and each time it was inconclusive. In fact, they said the results read that I shouldn't even be functioning, which is ridiculous because I AM functional and I made sure to answer everything honestly without exaggerating. It is true that I think people are out to kill me and to hurt me, and that I sometimes see shadows and imagine inanimate objects are talking to me...and I can be off the wall manic and suddenly horribly depressed... I have a lot of problems but I don't see why they can't just diagnose me with the closest thing they have. My "results" were things like Paranoid Personality Disorder, OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar, and a little bit of Schizoaffective Disorder. How can I have all these issues and still be able to go to school and work? Because I do. I don't even understand myself AT ALL. And I'm being medicated but no one really knows what for. I'm just frustrated about this, they've been trying to diagnose me for 7 years.

Hey,

It can be really frustrating, not having a diagnosis. I didn't for a long time, and it frustrated the hell out of me, not having any framework to understand why my brain was going totally screwy.

Have you spoken to your doctor about how much not having a diagnosis frustrates you? Because maybe if you make it clear how important it is to you, the doctor will share more of their thinking process and maybe come up with something that will give you a little peace. That's what I did, and it worked for me.

It's also possible to have a major diagnosis and then some uncategorized symptoms - diagnoses are only a guideline, and since every person (and their brain cooties) are different, I think that most often, there will never be one diagnosis that fits perfectly and captures everything.

For instance, I am mostly Borderline, and that encompasses most of what's up with me, but I have other symptoms as well that are important and need to be addressed, but don't qualify for their own diagnosis.

Tryp

i'll just add that i'm seriously depressed, have horrible anxiety, am prone to paranoia.... but no one who knows me thinks anything is wrong because i function fairly well. just because i laugh at your jokes and like to chat about crap doesn't mean that i don't constantly have visions of blood spurting out my wrists because i hate life. it's a weird paradox to live in.... and terribly isolating. the couple of people i know who have really been in bad mental states in the past can't even "get" me.

so, while i don't have the same "symptoms" i can at least commiserate a bit.

Archived