CrazyBoards.org

Hi Guys it's been a while here, lately my agorpahobia depression anxiety has been taxing on me. I lack sleep motivation geez somedays i feel im paralysed to do anything. That huge slump you get where even doing the dishes is a huge task?..... what steps can i take to get over this??? I feel mentally whacked out....... Other thing is when i go out in public i get these horrible dizzy attacks...... wehre i feel i need to hold onto the counter where ever i go........I'ts stopping me going out, People must think i am a a right nutcase......... I wish my sleep was alot better then i woudl know i would be too, but alas it just wont get better....... I have a very racy mind..Perhaps logging of the pc at night might help me too. ;):brooding::):brooding::):brooding:

Basketcase, it sounds like you are having a really difficult time. Are you working with a therapist?

For a lot of us, winter is a real downer and a hard time to get through, so do you think this low spot is because of the season?

When I read a post like yours, my first instinct is to urge you to call your pdoc and see if there is a med adjustment that might help you. I have no idea what you're taking, so I don't know what tweaking could be done to help you over this hump.

If you haven't seen your pdoc lately, I think it's time for a visit.

olga

i ditto the above. i have no advice for you because i have similar issues.... minus the dizziness. when i'm in it i have no idea how to get out and it seems like it will never end and everything is too much.... but then, somehow, it turns around and i can get back to functioning level.

can you take one small thing at at time? i basically have to have someone tell me "just clean out the sink" or "take 30 minutes and just put clothes away". once i tackle one thing i start to feel a bit less overwhelmed. it's like my brain can't pick each thing apart and it's all swirling around in my head at once.... pay bills, make phone call, do laundry, feed kids, vacuum, put dishes away, check mailbox, brush teeth, take shower, get groceries.... my brain wants them all done NOW but that's not possible. there's a disconnect. logically all these things are simple things and can be done one at a time but my brain is swirling them all together and making them seem like an impossible task. all i can do is stare off into space and want to hide in a closet. the anxiety goes on high and i'm paralyzed. then i start obsessing about things i have no control over like "i should have kept my mouth shut the other day" or "i really shouldn't have eaten that piece of pie while i was babysitting in the 8th grade. i'm sure those parents were pissed at me".

then i start obsessing about things i have no control over like "i should have kept my mouth shut the other day" or "i really shouldn't have eaten that piece of pie while i was babysitting in the 8th grade. i'm sure those parents were pissed at me".

Oh my god, whenever I get super depressed, I start thinking about this sweater someone stole out of my locker in Jr. High School, and how pissed my mother was. I am 46, and I was 12 when that happened. For some reason, in my head, that is the point at which every bad thing in my life began to happen to me, even though in retrospect, I was physically and emotionally abused from the time I was about 7.

Archived