CrazyBoards.org

Who the hell I am

Hi. I am SweetSkitzo but you can call me Sweets for short (everyone else does). I am 30 now and at one point I thought with age I would mend myself but I am seeing now I could have been SUPER wrong. I was diagnosed Manic Depressive at age 9 (which now carries a much prettier title, Bipolar Disorder). Then came the additional disorders: Anxiety, ADD, and last but not least Anorexia. I was medicated most of my life until I finally decided to stop them for good. I keep a xanax on hand in case I have an attack but other than that I am UNmedicated. I know other people personally who have also been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder but they aren't like me and normally don't understand me (possibly because they are medicated). I love being me and I am thankful for not being a puppet but I do wish sometimes I could just chill with someone even mildly like me. I've been trying to figure out ways to treat/help myself and ran across an article today about COBPD. It has really got me wondering about some things and has even angered me a little that this information wasn't available when I was a child. So thats why I am here...maybe someone here will understand the thoughts in my head...

welcome : ) i'm pretty new here myself. i'm also unmedicated (have tried several things though) but have never been formally diagnosed. i have issues with paranoia, anxiety, and mostly depression. oh, i get panic attacks triggered by bad weather. i have suspected for a while that i may be BP because i have such mood swings... i don't like therapists though because the ones i've seen have all seemed like idiots. i know i need one. i just have yet to find one i can afford and that isn't dumber than me!

anyway, welcome.

welcome : ) i'm pretty new here myself. i'm also unmedicated (have tried several things though) but have never been formally diagnosed. i have issues with paranoia, anxiety, and mostly depression. oh, i get panic attacks triggered by bad weather. i have suspected for a while that i may be BP because i have such mood swings... i don't like therapists though because the ones i've seen have all seemed like idiots. i know i need one. i just have yet to find one i can afford and that isn't dumber than me!

anyway, welcome.

How old are you? Bad weather used to bother me too but not anymore really...well not the last time it stormed....Who can ever really be certain..

Welcome, Sweets. Reading your last post regarding COBPD caught my attention, so I came here to see your intro post. We seem pretty freaking similar, however, I'm medicated to the gills. Yay me, right? Wrong. I have three kiddos and I medicate for them. When my meds aren't doing the job I definitely tend to medicate with alcohol more often than not. I have been bipolar my entire life, simply undiagnosed until my second child was about a year old and I was suicidal. That was my first experience with Zyprexa. I would love to talk with you more about COBPD. I also have comorbid ADHD and have struggled with anorexia since I was 12 years old. I worry about my daughter and the possibility that she could be bipolar often. She is so similar to the way that I was as a child. So similar...it's frightening. Sorry for the rant. I am really glad you are here. We have much in common and I look forward to chatting with you!

Welcome, Sweets. Reading your last post regarding COBPD caught my attention, so I came here to see your intro post. We seem pretty freaking similar, however, I'm medicated to the gills. Yay me, right? Wrong. I have three kiddos and I medicate for them. When my meds aren't doing the job I definitely tend to medicate with alcohol more often than not. I have been bipolar my entire life, simply undiagnosed until my second child was about a year old and I was suicidal. That was my first experience with Zyprexa. I would love to talk with you more about COBPD. I also have comorbid ADHD and have struggled with anorexia since I was 12 years old. I worry about my daughter and the possibility that she could be bipolar often. She is so similar to the way that I was as a child. So similar...it's frightening. Sorry for the rant. I am really glad you are here. We have much in common and I look forward to chatting with you!

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to say hi! You have no idea what it means to me. And yes it sounds like we do have ALOT in common!! I WAS medicated like that...I sat yesterday and tried my hardest to remember everything I had been on since age 9 but could only remember about 15 different drugs but there are huge gaps in my memories of my life so there is really nothing I can do about that. When I was a child, I do remember crying every morning because I didn't want to leave my mother..and I don't mean your average cry, I mean i cried so much my dad would spank me and it was EVERY single morning. I was very disruptive in school..even Kindergarten..You would think someone would have paid some attention to it. By the time I was 13 or 14, I could have been considered a devil incarnate I suppose. (and I mean that literally) I, myself, do not have any children because I have always been afraid I wouldn't be a good parent and I have a super fear of passing this screw to one of my offspring so I just decided it was best for ME not to. The ADD thing has been a more recent diagnosis (about a year ago) right before I stopped going to my doc. She had me on Prozac, Abilify, Elavil, Wellbutrin and wanted to add Adderall to the mix and by that point I was so sick of her I couldnt even look at her. The Anorexia is also a more recent hap, Id say a few months. It hasnt really got out of control. People are starting to notice but all those drugs she had me on destroyed my metabolism so at first it was about just getting to the weight I thought looked good...now it has turned into something totally different. My thing is this though...I have tried forever to find someone with symptoms similar to mine and never have really met anyone who cycles as rapidly as I do..I am 30 now...but still my symptoms seem to be more similar to that of a child diagnosed with COBPD than an adult. Even to this day my attachment to my mother is borderline psychotic at times, I can go weeks cycling back and forth and back again all in a days time, My anger can sometimes be at the least very frightening, I can't keep interest in anything for very long..(Im going to try my best not to let that happen with this site), I hyperfocus...and then poof...thats it, on to something else. ok...Im sorry....I could go on and on but I dont want to write a book. I cant wait to hear from you and Id love to hear about your daughter too. Please if you think she is Bipolar take her to the doctor. Please research the drugs they want to put her on. And please always remember no matter what that if she acts out or does REALLY bad things it has nothing to do with how much she loves you. COBPD is so different from Adult Bipolar Disorder and in my opinion it is a critical thing that NEEDS to be discovered while they are children if possible. I really wonder if someone had of paid attention when I was a child if I would have ended up the way I am.

XX

Hi, Sweets. I'm glad you found us and I hope you can get some answers to your questions about your diagnosis.

I try hard to read most of the posts here at CB, but I have trouble with big blocks of print. You will get more responses to your posts if you break them up into short paragraphs.

Don't forget, you're dealing with people who have ADHD and minds altered with various medications, so we have all we can do to concentrate on short sentences. ;)

Please contact a moderator if you have any questions.

olga

Hi, Sweets. I'm glad you found us and I hope you can get some answers to your questions about your diagnosis.

I try hard to read most of the posts here at CB, but I have trouble with big blocks of print. You will get more responses to your posts if you break them up into short paragraphs.

Don't forget, you're dealing with people who have ADHD and minds altered with various medications, so we have all we can do to concentrate on short sentences. dunce.gif

Please contact a moderator if you have any questions.

olga

Thank you. I do get carried away. Im glad I found you guys too!!

Xx

Archived