CrazyBoards.org

Ultra Cycle

I was diagnosed when I was nine. I could never understand why I was a super rapid cycler, meaning I can change from one extreme to another VERY quickly...sometimes several times in one day. I tried to tell my doc but she always just writes her little notes and moves me on out with the same script. I was reading today about COBPD and was wondering does anyone know if this could be related in some way. I cant find info on early onset diagnoses that discusses what its like after you become an adult. And Im seriously wondering if Im not have some personality issues. My friends and everyone notices but they are never ugly about it. I just change. Like wake up with a new style, a new attitude, new interests...and then eventually I will get back where I was but it seems to be a cycling ego or something. I hate it to be honest with you. How can I ever have a relationship with anyone when I change so much. Since I went off my meds I have started drinking again but I was doing that the last time too. It makes me feel normal actually...where my meds made me very strange almost like a dimentia type state...Does anyone even understand what I am saying?!

I have been cycling multiple times a day lately... Doc never stated which flavor of Bipolar I had... just Bipolar... so I don't have a clue about what is called what.

Just wanted to let you know I'm listening and that I understand how that feels.

Hopefully someone else will come along that knows more.

I have been cycling multiple times a day lately... Doc never stated which flavor of Bipolar I had... just Bipolar... so I don't have a clue about what is called what.

Just wanted to let you know I'm listening and that I understand how that feels.

Hopefully someone else will come along that knows more.

I have been trying to figure it out..off and on...for years. I am happy to know I am not the only one with this problem but I am not happy that you have to go through it. May I ask at what age you were diagnosed? See one of the stronger differences between Child Onset Bipolar Disorder and Adult Diagnosed Bipolar Disorder is the rapid cycling, ultradian is what they call it...being a light switch is what my ex husband called it. It has it's advantages because my fits of rage don't last as long as they could, which I'm seriously thankful for, and my other moods come and go the same. It actually makes for a very strange person in me. Are you not interested in what particular "brand" of Bipolar you have been diagnosed with? I know some people aren't and sometimes I don't really give a shit myself but since I decided to get off the meds I have been trying to figure this all out. If I could hyperfocus long enough who knows, maybe I could find studies on vitamins or different things that could help me instead of things that shrink my brain and my ability to think. I am taking a cocktail of vitamins now and WOWza it has done wonders for my immune system and I like to think it has helped with everything else but if other people are still noticing I guess I could be in Imagination Nation...who knows?! right?!

Thanks for your reply! It means the world to me!!

XX

Archived