CrazyBoards.org

I've been on 0.5 mg Risperdal for 4 days now and it wasn't either effective or ineffective. In fact, it may have actually been more effective than not at all. However, I woke up this morning just feeling afraid and full of dread. I'm glad I don't feel like I can sense the future or anything cause if I did, I would definitely think something bad was going to happen today. Is it possible to feel extra scared on too low of a dose? It's just that it's a strong med and my psychiatrist didn't want me upping the dosage too fast. I'm allowed to take 1 mg if I want, but I don't want to drug myself if it's unnecessary.

Koali, I know you've said this elsewhere, but it'd help if you said your diagnosis, main symptoms, and what other meds you are on if any.

Off hand, if you doc said you can go to 1mg of Risperdal and you are not feeling so well on .5mg, then I'd increase. Risperdal dosing goes up to 12mg (I think). I take 1.5mg and have taken 3mg. Other AAPs tend to be more sedating. Taking 1mg is at to help you more if you need it than leave you with a drugged feeling.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll post that stuff from now on. I have Bipolar 1, severe paranoia, and OCD/certain tics. I'm only on the Risperdal, insulin (though I doubt that affects mood or anything at all), birth control, and Ranitidine with Certirizine when I break out in hives. I think I am going up to 1 mg because I'm tired of feeling like this. I wish I could take it now but I can't cause I have work and school. Not that I'll probably function that well anyway today but I don't know.

Archived