CrazyBoards.org

Anyone on Zoloft?

I'm currently on 200 mg of Seroquel as my mood stabilizer, possibly going up to 300. And it's been making me incrementally less depressed, which is nice. But my social anxiety is still pretty bad, and no medication I've ever taken (cipralex/lexapro, effexor, clonazepam, and trazodone, not that it's supposed to do that) has helped it at all, even though Effexor helped my general anxiety a lot (it also made me crazy manic). Again, my dose of clonazepam controls my generalized anxiety well, but not my social anxiety.

My doctor suggested, once I've been on Seroquel for a while, adding a low dose of Zoloft to see if it helps with my anxiety. Of course, he'd monitor me closely. But how mania-inducing is it? And how effective? I'm pretty scared of getting manic again - when I was misdiagnosed and put on anti-depressants I blew most of my money for the rest of the year. Sigh.

Before I was dx'd with BP, I took zoloft and it threw me into a whopping mania. Now granted, I was *not* on a mood stabilizer or AAP at the time, so your experience might/probably will be much different. Glad your pdoc will be monitoring you closely. I was able to take celexa with seroquel and not go manic, so perhaps it holds it in check, and it sounds like you have plenty of room to tweak it.

Archived