CrazyBoards.org

Decreasing the way you increased in one guideline. Lamictal start up (manufacturer recommended) is 25mg, add 25mg to equal 50mg. Add 50mg to equal 100mg. So decreasing by 25mg is a little consevative by comparison. Personally, it's about how I'd want to reduce. If you are uncomfortable with it, talk to your pdoc about going slower.

Decreasing the way you increased in one guideline. Lamictal start up (manufacturer recommended) is 25mg, add 25mg to equal 50mg. Add 50mg to equal 100mg. So decreasing by 25mg is a little consevative by comparison. Personally, it's about how I'd want to reduce. If you are uncomfortable with it, talk to your pdoc about going slower.

Yeah he thought I wouldn't have a problem with going down 25mg. I'm really hesitant to change much after an experience with Zyprexa (lowering) which scared me quite a bit. That's why I'm just getting some thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah he thought I wouldn't have a problem with going down 25mg. I'm really hesitant to change much after an experience with Zyprexa (lowering) which scared me quite a bit. That's why I'm just getting some thoughts.

I thought I'd write back that I'm going down in 12.5mg incriments and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Let's hope it makes me less tired! Taking stuff out of the soup, as he says.

Personally I went cold-turkey off 100mg twice without a problem (with doc approval). Just got a slight headache for 2 days..just like I did on start-up.

A good rule of thumb is that whatever you got with start-up, you'll get when you stop. Sometimes the symptoms differ, but the intensity remains the same.

Archived