CrazyBoards.org

My niece and Bi-polar

Back in Nov. my niece went to a concert where she smoked pot, she proceeded to stay up for 3 days straight and was behaving very strange...talking nonstop about weird thing, not showering or doing her hair(she's a hair dresser). Finally a friend took her to the hospital and she ended up on the psyc. floor for a week. My first phone call with her was so disturbing....she was talking about everything under the sun...colors, my fathers death, ...and everything in between. She was put on meds and ended up at at retreat center for women. She was diagnosed with bipolar and spent 60 days there. I talked to her weekly and went to see her 2 weeks before she left. She was taking lithium and some other med for her moods but wasn't really participating like she should until a couple of weeks before she was to leave. The day her parents went to bring her home they like to never got her to leave. Then when she did get home she started acting really manic. Angry, not sleeping, talking nonstop. She called me the next day crying and said the she felt really scared and was wanting to go talk to here therepist, she insisted that she didn't need to stay at treatment she just needed to talk to her therepist. Needless to say they kept her. Now she has been moved to a mental hospital(no other thing to call it i guess), because all she did at the treatment center was wonder around. She was never off of her meds that I know of. She was taking lithium 2x a day and had cut out her morning dose. Would this make her go manic again??? We are all so confused. It's been 2 months and it's like she is right back where she was in Nov. I know very little about bipolar and would greatly appreciate any imput.

Thanks

Dzygirl,

We're a first person site mainly, to help sufferers, not so much their families. That said, we have a list of pinned resources at the top of the bipolar section that you might learn more from.

Dzygirl,

We're a first person site mainly, to help sufferers, not so much their families. That said, we have a list of pinned resources at the top of the bipolar section that you might learn more from.

I'm so sorry...I didn't realize this board was not for family until I had already made the post....just desperate for some answers and thought I might find them here. Reading the posts have helped have some insight into what she is going through.

Sorry again.

Archived