CrazyBoards.org

De-Stabilized by incident

My horrible day with my husband on Saturday has totally fucked me up. Im anxious so bad Im having trouble sleeping. Im paranoid bad. Just plain feeling bad. Oh, and angry. I can't get rid of the anger. I have been taking an extra 50 mg of Seroquel xr to try to calm me down for the day. It helps some, but not perfect. My therapist seemed concerned about the paranoia. I hate the anxiety, it's so bad, I dread bedtime. Im scared what could happen when I go to bed. Part anxiety, part paranoia.

I never realized an incident could de-stabilize you like this. I guess Im going to go try to sleep.

I hate when something like that comes up and throws a wrench into your gears. I just try to remind myself I can't control what happens around me, only myself. Obviously, even that can be very difficult for someone with BP, but it's all about baby steps.

Hang in there!

I know how you feel. The recent death of my father threw me into a huge manic episode that didn't get under control for quite awhile. Same thing happened when my grandmother passed away a year before. That one took two months to get under control.

This past 18 months has taught me for the first time just how much life events effect my bipolar mood changes.

Thanks guys. I just wish I could get over it. The whole incident has me so angry, I hate him. Im angry that he acted like that. Im angry that he was able to affect me like this. I mean, I was actually doing pretty well mentally until this. And he thinks it's all better just because he said sorry. And the worst part? I have no one to talk to about what's going on. Everyone seriously thinks he the most awesome, perfect man. He has no flaws. Bullshit! They never see this part of him. I wish I could leave, at least for a while. Maybe I could get things together mentally.

Hi, I am very suseptable to being thrown off balance by events. It has taken me all of my 57 years to really realize this. The pathetic part about this is that we can try to keep our stress down ect, ect, but life events just happen. I call it getting cold cocked, like I just got punched and I'm out cold and confused. I used to call it a dragon that grabbed me from behind and all of a sudden everything is out of control. I still don't know what the answer is. It is especially hard for me if I have not fully recovered from the last episode. Recently my mother died, then a few months later my sister died, a few weeks after that my daughter got put in the county jail, she also has severe depression, panic and rage and they won't give her her meds. in there, too expensive,,,,,,,WTF. anyway, I am on lithium 900mg and xanax 3mg daily as needed. I'm still working at a very stressful job, thank god for that, I thought I might lose my job. I'm so sorry you are struggleing , just remember you are not alone. Just try to survive and find whatever quality of life you can in between the scrambling. Hang on sweety.

Archived