CrazyBoards.org

does anyone take an antipsychotic and no other meds?

I have been taking Risperdal for several months now, and things are going so well, I am wondering if I need to keep taking my Remeron. I have started to gain weight (over 6 pounds in a month) and I am so sleepy in the morning I have trouble getting out of bed. I am wondering if it would help to drop the Remeron and just take Risperdal.

I did terribly taking Abilify alone, but even combined with an antidepressant it wasnt that great, I was never completely stable on it, which is why I switched to Risperdal.

I am diagnosed with bipolar 2, I get mixed states and depression, no pure mania. Does anyone here just take an AAP without a mood stabilizer or antidepressant to go with it? I will ask my pdoc about this, but I was wondering if anyone has had success just taking an AAP.

If you mean, can you not be depressed while on just an antipsychotic, then in my case, yes. I'm on Risperdal too and my mood has improved significantly. I don't need an antidepressant. However, in my case, it doesn't touch my paranoia, so I may have to get on something else for that.

Archived