CrazyBoards.org

I hope nobody thinks I'm weird after this post or anything. But I'm taking Risperdal, and ever since, I've been having this strange problem. I think women would understand this more than men, but it is a sort of vaginal leakage. I don't think it's urine but it's not the stuff that happens when you're turned on either. Or if it is either of those, it's different and weird. It happens a few times a day and I don't like it cause it rubs a rash on my legs and stuff. I don't know WHAT it is cause it's not a lot but it's enough to make me notice it. Has anyone else had this problem with Risperdal or other antipsychotics? I've heard Risperdal can cause incontinence, but this isn't what I imagined incontinence to be... Oh, and I don't think it's a bladder infection or anything like that cause I've checked those symptoms and I haven't had sex recently so it can't be an STD.

Hi. Sounds a bit like the leakage you have during ovulation.

Risperdal can dangerously raise prolactin levels. Prolactin is one of the sex hormones. Some people on it- even men- have nipple lactation while on it.

I would not be surprised if something like over-active ovulation could be a result of the drug.

Ovulation leakage is usually clear and kinda like raw egg whites.

Now, google- elavated prolactin levels and abnormal ovulation.

I will do so too.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! I will research that specifically too, because I couldn't figure out what to call it or how to describe it. That freaks me out, but it's good to know there's an actual reason. I'm not sure I like this random discharge, but the med is helping so not sure I wanna give it up...

I'm 20, and I've never had this before. Well I mean, not to this extent. And it ironically started right after I started taking it, like 2 days after. I've only been on it a week, so would my prolactin levels be that high yet? It's the only thing that makes sense though huh?

I had the exact same thing happen when I started risperdal. It wasnt like the discharge I get with ovulation, it was almost like water. I also started salivating a lot more, so I figured that the risperdal was causing more fluid production, uh, everywhere. ;)

The problem went away in about 2 weeks I think, so did the excess salivation. Can you wear a pantyliner in the mean time, to protect you from chafing? Hopefully it will be a temporary thing like it was with me.

It is probably a good idea to check your prolactin levels just in case, maybe I should do that too. I guess it can shoot up quickly, some women on this board started lactating a very short time after starting risperdal.

Wow yeah you're right, it IS like water. Or some type of liquid like it. I will wear a pantyliner cause I'm tired of having to feel like taking a shower whenever I get home and getting this rash. Yes, we probably should both get it checked out. I see my pdoc soon and I'm going to ask her about it. It's embarassing, but I'd rather talk about it than have horribly high levels that cause damage.

Archived