CrazyBoards.org

Im paralyzed in fear

This is getting ridiculous. I am anxious, terrified. All over germs. Yes, Im terrified of getting sick, and of my kids getting sick. I don't want to leave the house, and don't want to let my kids leave the house, and want to keep them home from school. My pdoc put me on 30 mg Cymbalta to go with everything else, hoping it would boost the Seroquel Im on. Im getting tired of feeling like this. I have trouble sleeping. Actually Im scared of falling asleep, because I don't know what will happen. My appetite is gone. I just clean my house with bleach and lysol, sometimes 2x a day. It's getting ridiculous. Help!!

I'm really sorry you're suffering like this witchywoman...I wish I had something to ofer that was useful other then my ear. I know you're not alone with having this fear. Have you talked to a professional about it yet? Maybe there is a med they can rx that will tone things down a notch for you mentally, and offer some relief from the fear? I don't know if meds can help like that for OCD but I know there's stuff for the anxiety. Is the klonopin not helping with the anxiety anymore? Maybe you need a full mg? I think that's what I took to help me sleep but it could be you've got a tolerance for it if you take it every day, I don't know, not a dr, but I would ask pdoc about it. Maybe you need more seroquel? 200 mgs is a low dose as far as I understand, so maybe it's as simple as a med tweak to help you. Don't wait, call pdoc Monday, you don't need to go on suffering, okay? Keep posting if you can, people here are listening and do care. ;)

Hi...I want to say I understand you completely. Even now as I'm typing I'm feeling disgusted, knowing there are germs all over this keyboard (it's my own, but still). There are many types of medications that help with this sort of thing, and they all work differently for different people. Sometimes you have to just keep on experimenting with them to find the right one. I found Anafranil to be really helpful, I just had to get off of it because of some side effects. Maybe you should try that?

I forgot to change it, but my Seroquel is up to 400 mg, with me adding in a 50 mg in the morning for the past week. My pdoc is one of those that is very, I guess, cautious when it comes to benzos. So, I don't get anymore. I did manage to leave the house because I promised my kids we'd go out to dinner. Horror, I tell ya. I ate, but not alot. Just too much anxiety to eat. But, kids enjoyed themselves, and that's what matters.

I was up to 400 mgs of seroquel and still it had little affect on my BP II symptoms. I was so glad to get on abilify again...I hope your pdoc is able to help ou more when you see them next. It's no fun to cope with intrusive thinking. ;) Glad you managed to get out today. :) That is progress. :)

I am noticing my anxiety is better. My ocd is still the same. I've bleached my kitchen and bathroom every day. And, my hands are horrible from washing all the time. But, hopefully that will start getting better too. The paranoia is better too. Thanks for listening and I'll keep you all updated.

Archived