CrazyBoards.org

So what do you guys think should go with Risperdal?

Has anyone been on Risperdal plus some type of anti-paranoia med? I know that Risperdal is supposed to help with that already, but it doesn't for me. However, I like Risperdal for my moods so I want to stay on it. My psychiatrist lets me "suggest" things and she tells me if it's a good idea. Is there a type of antidepressant or something that will go well with Risperdal and help with this?

koali, Risperdal dosing goes up to 16mg. For bipolar, the manufacturer stated effective dose is between 1-6mg, which means there is a lot of room for you to increase if your symptoms are not being addressed. Providing you aren't having untenuable side effects, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not seeing how a higher dose works.

How long have you been on Risperdal? And, have you been on higher doses?

Well I don't prescribe things for myself, so I didn't put myself on 1 mg. I'm not sure why I'm only on 1 mg. Maybe my pdoc wanted to see how I'd handle it. I just thought that if it helped moods but not paranoia at 1 mg then it'd do the same at 6 mg. I'm not really having any adverse effects. I will ask her if it's safe and effective to increase it then. I just figured it was never going to help paranoia. And I haven't hardly been on it very long at all. Oh, and to answer the questions, I've been on 2 mg before, but that was over a year ago and I only quit cause of lactation. I'm trying it again. And by paranoia, well my specific type is of biolgically engineered viruses getting on me or being planted on me when I'm out of the house, as well as smaller things like poison, people spitting in my food, people touching my things and breaking into the house, etc.

Archived