CrazyBoards.org

Howdy

Hello, I'm a 27yo male living in the PNW I am in limbo right now between school and work so I've got some free time on my hands and figured I should do some constructive things to manage my mental health.

I have had bouts of depression for a good part of my life, social anxiety for as long as I can remember, panic attacks and suicidal ideation starting at 17 as well as substance abuse, self-harm and inattentive ADHD.

Up until only a few years ago I was in complete denial about all of it. I knew next to nothing about depression or anxiety and didn't consider myself to be mentally ill. It took severe depression, alcohol abuse and self-harm spiraling out of control to finally convince me I needed help.

So basically, I have a lot of freakin' issues and have only relatively recently started to do anything even remotely constructive towards resolving them.

I hate talking about my problems, but I'm willing to do so if it means that I can help myself and maybe even someone else. My friends and family are supportive, but don't have a clue about mental illness so it would be awesome to talk to some people who are in the same boat.

I almost never post on forums so please pardon my ignorance regarding internet forum etiquette. ;)

Hello, I'm a 27yo male living in the PNW I am in limbo right now between school and work so I've got some free time on my hands and figured I should do some constructive things to manage my mental health.

I have had bouts of depression for a good part of my life, social anxiety for as long as I can remember, panic attacks and suicidal ideation starting at 17 as well as substance abuse, self-harm and inattentive ADHD.

Up until only a few years ago I was in complete denial about all of it. I knew next to nothing about depression or anxiety and didn't consider myself to be mentally ill. It took severe depression, alcohol abuse and self-harm spiraling out of control to finally convince me I needed help.

So basically, I have a lot of freakin' issues and have only relatively recently started to do anything even remotely constructive towards resolving them.

I hate talking about my problems, but I'm willing to do so if it means that I can help myself and maybe even someone else. My friends and family are supportive, but don't have a clue about mental illness so it would be awesome to talk to some people who are in the same boat.

I almost never post on forums so please pardon my ignorance regarding internet forum etiquette. smile.gif

Hi,

I hope you find what I have found here... a place to talk and explore and grow amongst our own kind...great feedback and genuine people

I almost never post on forums so please pardon my ignorance regarding internet forum etiquette. smile.gif

All that sounds like where I am too, finally no denying to myself that all that I've been through is NOT what mentally healthy people go through. I hate talking about it too, that's why I liked this idea of being anonymous on a forum of others going through the same thing. I also rarely do forums, and most of my past forum experimentation has ended with me feeling extremely shitty, so signing up here was/is an emotional risk to me........

Welcome to Crazyboards!

What is the PNW? Excuse me for my ignorance.

If you haven't frequented too many forums, you might want to read our Rules. They're pretty simple and they give you an idea of the way we interact around here. You don't have to walk on eggshells, but just try to remember that everyone here has some form of MI.

I hope that we can help you in some way, and please contact one of the moderators if you don't understand something.

olga

Archived