CrazyBoards.org

The Power of Sleep

I stayed awake until 4:30am and then went back to bed intil 6:30 am.

If you might have perchance read some of my other stuff then you are familiar with my flavor of craziness, specifically my problems with feeling un-real and like i dont actually exist.

My dreams this morning were trying to tell me something completely different I think. they were those "lack of control dreams" where some of your worst fears come to pass.

The were intense and I feel as though i was very deep into the rem phase of sleep. Insomnia has been my problem lately too.

I feel like the fact that i wrote about how i feel as though i dont exist in my blog and such and then admitted I needed help was enough to fuel my mind into healing mode.

I'll be optimistic and think that my dreams are trying to save me by allowing me to experience my real feelings while I was comfortably snuggled under a down comforter and a blanket, head on feather pillow. Warm and relaxed for a baseline.

When i woke up things were a bit more real feeling- distinctly so. I spoke aloud just to hear a human voice. I felt myself touch my forhead without planning to first.

I dared not go back into this nightmare world as I would surely do if i were to go back to sleep any time soon.

Baby steps people. inch by inch i will overcome my ailiments.

In the meantime does anybody know of a good AD that helps nightmares but doesn't blunt emotion? I was thinking prozac for some reason. i took it 14 years ago when it was brand new and i think it helped me.

In the meantime does anybody know of a good AD that helps nightmares but doesn't blunt emotion? I was thinking prozac for some reason. i took it 14 years ago when it was brand new and i think it helped me.

All psychiatric drugs have the chance of affecting your sleep. Different people react to medications in different ways. If you feel like you're having sleep issues, you should bring this up with your pdoc.

Mayteana

Klonpin gave me nightmares....One thing I wanted to ask Linda, was do you have a CPAP machine to treat your apnea? I do and I wish I could say I use it, but I haven't for some months, going to start back with it religiously maybe tonight. Other half is worried it's giving me brain damage to NOT breathe in my sleep and who knows he might be right....

Archived