CrazyBoards.org

Anyone here had a sleep test?

My new doc sent me for one as I still had symptoms in spite of being medicated for Dysthymia and ADHD - he said those symptoms are also caused by poor sleep.

I took the test and I stop breathing, or nearly so, 15 times an hour!

Will be trying out the CPAP machine next Tuesday.

Anyone here had experience with this helping their sleep?

Thanks.

Yep, I discovered I am having 51 arousal's an hour, 30 of them from breathing. That is why it takes 6 mg Lunesta to keep me asleep. My O2 saturation never goes below normal, the issue is the sheer number of arousal's. I have complex apnea, a mix of central and obstructive sleep apnea. Trying the VPAP.

nf

I have obstructed sleep apnea and use a cpap too, well I need to get BACK to using it, I stopped awhile ago because I have poor sleep hygeine as I guess they would call it, I get too tired too fast and just don't have the energy to set it up. I have to keep my expensive mask in the lock box with the accessories because my autistic 13 yr old will destroy them, he's ruined about three masks and they are NOT cheap, so because of that I am leery of using it. I need to start back up, been thinking about it because it was so NICE to be awake fully during the day and not getting tired around noon or so. I think you'll like your cpap, so good luck to you! ;) POst with an update after you get it going and let us know what you think. :)

Sounds like a good doc!

I think you are in for a treat. I've found a CPAP machine helps a lot. Try to be patient with the mask. Many people have trouble adapting, but in my opinion it's worth a lot of trouble if it works for you as well as it does for me. (Not perfect, but a large improvement.) No more seeing double while driving! Keep in mind that there are many different types of mask to try. Also, if the noise bugs you earplugs may help, or a slightly longer hose and putting the machine in a closet. (I had a coworker who recommended this.)

I kinda like the noise, it's like white noise and I find it helps me fall asleep faster. I have used my cpap again for th e past two nights and it's been good. I hope it's not too difficult to find the right mask, I made themistake of using Large (again a nasal mask) and it was too big, had to cinch it too tight to be comfortable for it not to leak. I use a small now and it's just right. ;)

Archived