CrazyBoards.org

Feel at home here too

I have officialy been DX with BP II. My pdoc recommended that I go to an intensive outpatient DBT program which I am finishing up this week. When we got our DX from our group therapist she said she did not DX people with an Axis II Dx b/c of insurance company reasons.

Basicaly what she was trying to tell me is that she thinks I am BPD but doesn't want to fuck me over with my insurance. Reading all the posts of here, I can totaly relate. I have thought about calling my pdoc and asking him if he thinks I have BPD? The DBT did a world of good. Still have to practice the skills and work more intensivly on the ones I have already learned.

I was reading a post about feeling empty and that's me to a T. I almost feel I fit in better over here than over at the Bipolar forum. In class we went over the 9 points of DX BPD and I hit 7 of them.

I have officialy been DX with BP II. My pdoc recommended that I go to an intensive outpatient DBT program which I am finishing up this week. When we got our DX from our group therapist she said she did not DX people with an Axis II Dx b/c of insurance company reasons.

Basicaly what she was trying to tell me is that she thinks I am BPD but doesn't want to fuck me over with my insurance. Reading all the posts of here, I can totaly relate. I have thought about calling my pdoc and asking him if he thinks I have BPD? The DBT did a world of good. Still have to practice the skills and work more intensivly on the ones I have already learned.

I was reading a post about feeling empty and that's me to a T. I almost feel I fit in better over here than over at the Bipolar forum. In class we went over the 9 points of DX BPD and I hit 7 of them.

Glad you found the Personality Disorder board ;). I would say do some reading (there's a great link on here with some good reading material on BPD) and possibly bring it up with your new Pdoc or Tdoc.

A lot of times BPD overlaps and/or is misdiagnosed as Bipolar. Unfortunately we've just got to trust our docs to correctly DX us; the only thing we can do is keep ourselves educated.

Hey,

I have currently a dual possible dx.

Pdoc is not sure between BP and BPD, but then my pdoc changes almost as often as I change underwear so it's hard to get any real answers.

I kinda thought I was BP until recently, but now knowing the dxs being considered and finding out more maybe it's a bit of both. Who knows.

The main thing is not the dx, it's the treatment. So if you hit upon something that really works for you, forget the label and concentrate on your recovery.

Personally I'd love to know for sure what the hell is wrong with me, but I've been through so much shit I'm content with finding the right meds/therapy to make my life something approaching "normal", whatever that may be for me.

Hope you can find that elusive combination of treatment that does it for you, and remember that nothing is perfect. Sometimes we can expect too much, even "normal" people don't always feel that life is fantastic. These thoughts and feelings pass without impacting on your life once you have your treatment sussed.

All the best.

Archived