CrazyBoards.org

Wondering if there are many people out there on lithium alone. What are your experiences with it? I'm om 900mg for a bit over a month now. Starting to feeel a bit of tremor and weirdness. Brain farts, word loss. Hard to tell if that is just cause I am off phentermine now. I want my brain back, well I need it for work. Dosen't take many times asking someone to repeat something three times to make the "others" say what the fuck is going on with her? Maybe I should go back on the phentermine. I only went off it because the abilify I was taking started causing severe panic attacks. Phent. has been the only thing that has ever really worked for my depression anyway. Would like to hear from others on lithium.

Lithium gave me hand tremors. And insatiable thirst. That's it. Now, my topamax, on the other hand, gave me the stupids. I bought a vacuum cleaner the other night off of TV for $250 after taking my evening meds and DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER IT the next day until I looked at my email. Fucking stupid. Besides that, I get aphasia with it as well (ever forget the word "chair" before? I have.)

I take lithium alone. My only side effects are tremor and thirst, and I don't care about the thirst. The tremor is sometimes a pain in the ass (I take propanolol for it and sometimes question how helpful that is) but, eh. It's a minor pain in the ass. I just have to have stories on hand like, "Shouldn't have had that extra cup of coffee!" or whatever, because people do notice. Overall I can't really complain. It helps me and I don't have to take a thousand meds.

I'm on 1500mgs of lithium,but have worked my way up to this dose over the last few years.I to have a slight hand tremor which has gotten almost unnoticeable with time.I play guitar everyday and I don't see a problem with my hand coordination,although once in a while I'll get blank spots where I can't remember what I'm playing,and some confusion.I notice that I'm more alert in the morning,and tend to slow down as the day goes on.Some days are great and others suck,but lithium is working for me Ive been on Depakote in the past and didn't have good results.

I just have to have stories on hand like, "Shouldn't have had that extra cup of coffee!" or whatever, because people do notice.

Same here.. My go-to was, "It's just my medication" and if they inquire further "It's for my heart." Then they get all understanding and never mention it again. I liked it because I was actually telling the truth.. just leaving the "proverbial" out of it.

I just have to have stories on hand like, "Shouldn't have had that extra cup of coffee!" or whatever, because people do notice.

Same here.. My go-to was, "It's just my medication" and if they inquire further "It's for my heart." Then they get all understanding and never mention it again. I liked it because I was actually telling the truth.. just leaving the "proverbial" out of it.

Just like in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: "He has a bad heart. Don't worry, we have plenty of medicine." wink.gif

I like to say it's a "genetic thing" which isn't exactly a lie.

Archived