CrazyBoards.org

Abilify Helped My Depression But Gave Me Akathisia

I know that in the world of crazy meds it's impossible to predict exactly how people will respond to a medication given the complexity of the human body, BUT....

If augmenting with abilify seemed to help reduce my depression but I couldn't tolerate it due to a horrible side effect (akathisia) even at the lowest possible dosage, which AAP would you suggest I try next? Reasoning?

P.S. My pdoc is currently trying me on risperidone but it doesn't seem to be helping at all, so I'll probably be hopping yet again on the med merry-go-round.

I think geodon is the other AAP most likely to help with depression I'm wondering, though, if you've tried augmenting with lithium or lamictal? They are often helpful for depression, without much risk of akathisia.

I second Geodon. It did give me akathesia but Cogentin clears that up. I liked Geodon a lot. There weren't any weird side effects. I actually did lactate on it, but I'm not sure if that's normal for Geodon. It went away anyway. I'm not on it anymore, but sometimes I consider going back on.

Archived