CrazyBoards.org

Hello

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Found this board yesterday, but can’t really remember how.. Anyway, I am a single mother of two autistic boys and diagnosed with bipolar, panic disorders, social anxiety and agoraphobia. I am currently taking 150mg of Zoloft,1.5 mg of Xanax and 200mg of Seroquel XR. I was diagnosed as Bipolar at age 15(Many years ago…)

The panic attacks just started last spring out of the blue though. The first time it happened I called an ambulance thinking I was going to die. The second time I went to the ER and they did all kinds of test and told me it was a panic attack, gave me Ativan and sent me on my way with a referral to see a therapist.

I have been taking the above for a few months now and it seems to be working. I cut out caffeine entirely, because that was not helping the situation at all. I still feel pretty crappy most days though, but not as bad I did without the meds. Therapy really hasn’t helped me much, but I still go every week. She is a good therapist and nice to have someone to talk to,but not really helping with the panic attacks.

My doctor is so hell bent on getting me off the Xanax, because he doesn’t want me to get addicted. It’s the only thing that truly helps with my panic attacks. The Seroquel helps a bit as well, I think. Not sure what the Zoloft is supposed to do. Before, I was on Prozac, something that has worked for me in the past. However, I found out Prozac and anxiety doesn’t mix very well.

I am not a big people person at all. The internet is a bit different for me though. Seems I can relate to people better if I don’t have to actually look at them. Anyhoo, that is me. This seems like a pretty cool board. Look forward getting to know you all.;)

Welcome to crazyboards! Nice place, I like it.

I'm the same about the anxiety, nothing helps me but my klonopin, and I'm totally addicted to it at this point(not abusing it in any way, just dependant on it) I've been taking it for a year now, and as you can see in my signature, I've tried EVERYTHING else for this stupid anxiety and this is the only thing that's helped even a little.

It's rough, I don't know why I'm on Cymbalta, heh. NO idea. I think so I can take it and get debilitating stomach pains an hour after injestion. Weeeeeee!

Whatever, I rambled, sorry, I could just relate to your anxiety shit.

Hope you stick around!

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself...

I am not a big people person at all. The internet is a bit different for me though. Seems I can relate to people better if I don’t have to actually look at them. Anyhoo, that is me. This seems like a pretty cool board. Look forward getting to know you all.smile.gif

Welcome. I have a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome myself, diagnosed at the age of 48.

And yes, a good few of us are familiar with the pleasure of non-distracting "single-channel" communication.

Even though if I'm really listening to someone I'd prefer to do it with my eyes shut and *really listen*, I've learned that the world rarely understands that.

Message boards can provide something very similar, very often.

I hope you like it here.

Chris.

Archived