CrazyBoards.org

Anxious Psychotic Episode!

This morning I was a mess! I thought I was literally dieing, well, I was reading an article over Soma, which I took once...years ago.

It talked about breathing issues on it, i thought "what if my meds do that?" I went into a dark place, thought I was literally dieing! I took my Klonopin earlier than I should, at the time 0.5mg 4 of them!and after reading that I'm still a bit anxious, can reading Articles like that cause Anxiety to worsen?

I mean I was checking my blood pressure every 5 minutes, felt like I was going to shut my breathing down, it made me almost go into a rage!

Billy.

Hi BBB. Yes, reading something distressing can make anxiety worse. Anything that causes worry can make it worse. The thing about anxiety is that there are thinking and physical exercises that can sometimes help make it not so bad. So, this is the type of thing to talk over with your therapist. That might not stop all of it, but it certainly can't hurt.

I'm sorry you got so stressed. Just stick to the amt of meds your doctor prescribed and you should be okay.

Almost anything can set me off - something I read, something I see on TV, some random thought in my brain, something I see as I'm driving, something someone says to me. The trick is self-soothing, using therapy techniques to calm myself down. It works most of the time, I can't say CBT techniquest work on me all the time, but I'm trying.

Almost anything can set me off - something I read, something I see on TV, some random thought in my brain, something I see as I'm driving, something someone says to me. The trick is self-soothing, using therapy techniques to calm myself down. It works most of the time, I can't say CBT techniquest work on me all the time, but I'm trying.

I'm trying CBT as well, I'm trying here.

B.

Hell yeah! That happens to me all the time, if that's the case, then I'm totally psychotic(I'm not)

I'll read or hear about something and worry and obsess about it endlessly.

For FOUR months I was certain I was dying. All day, every day. I could not sleep at night because when I would start to relax and my respiratory system would start to slow, I would think this was my heart stopping or some bullshit, and sit straight up in bed. Finally I found the cure to that, I laid on my stomach. If I laid on my stomach, I felt, I wasn't going to die. Yeah, that fucking makes sense. I still do it a lot of the time.

But yeah, since I was eight I've had off and on boughts of really intense health related anxiety that would send me into a full blown panic from anywhere from a few days to a few months.

I feel for you, that shit sucks. Sorry.

Yeah I can't read negative stuff about different health problems, I go into an anxiety state.

Most of all a heart attack, kidney failure, liver, seizure and so on...

I sometimes over breath, but I know my o2 is ok, at the ER it was 100, EKG was normal....

I have dealt with it for years.

B.

Archived