CrazyBoards.org

Sun in the fun

I'm telling you folks living in the north something you already know when the sun starts to make a come back so do we.It's -11 by me this morning which is a little nippy,but the SUN is blinding I can feel the warmth which instills in me hope,anything is possible.A little hypomanic? sure but it feels so good for a change.I realize to that in the next couple of months I as well as my wife will be keeping a close watch on how good is to good,looking for the obvious sings that point to an impending crash and burn.The things that will send me to the pdoc are almost nonexistant sleep,need for little food,horny as hell,manic talk and just over all batshitnish behavior.So I hope all my northern brothers and sisters keep a little more vigalint this spring.Waiting in Alaska

It's probably good to come up with a "plan of attack" NOW, just in case, rather than be stuck without one. Discuss with your family, friends, and doctors and therapist.

What are your warning signs? What are things you can do to minimize possible symptoms? Does it involve medication, life changes, contacting your doctors, all of the above?

If you think you are in a stressful or triggering situation or time, being extra vigilant, like was said, is excellant advice and being particularly stringent about healthy habits and proper medication use is good too.

I think spring daylight savings triggers hypomanias that become mixed episodes. Fall daylight savings triggers hypomania (but that may be because I was using an SAD) But I don't know how to stop daylight savings time. ;)

Spring is awesome. Sunshine is awesome. Yes, they bring mania, but sunshine equals happiness for me. Liquid happy. ;)

I'm doing a little better with SAD this year, on a good meds mix, but I still need that super yummy sun. Meds management and mood management are key for handling sun and fun.

Archived