CrazyBoards.org

Ecstatic with weather changes

So Weatherbug has this little alert flashy button thing that lets you know to look at your weather alert messages.

It's been flashing for 3 days off and on.

Each time I go check it I see we have a huge storm coming in with lots of flood watches etc.

This kind of news makes me happy, it's so intoxicating.

I get sort of upset that the storm is supposed to start at night, because I want to see it. I love the wind whipping around and the rain coming down sideways.

I love the danger feeling of maybe driving in the rain and mud. Not getting stuck or swept away...just driving through it.

I love wild weather and my friends think I'm crazy for it.

Then when it is over I feel ...anticlimatic.

and I feel so buzzed right now I have snippets of song stuck in my head and feel the "driven" feeling ramping up...

Anyone else experience this with BP - does it trigger an episode?

I'm also very very happy when it's gray and get ...ummm....what's the word... I get bored by sunshine and after awhile I literally drag when the sun has been out for days. I am totally opposite from SAD disorder.

I love storms! Especially with lots of wind. My favorite is being in a nice motel on the coast in a raging wind storm. I don't care so much for driving in mud, mostly because I have to do that a lot here. It also means that my car stays a muddy mess because I hate washing it. (Once every year or two is more than enough for me.)

Snow is kind of fun though, and I get a rush from driving crazy in it, but I think that's more a symptom than a trigger.

I love the rain as well. Where I live, it's sunny 80% of the year (at least!) so rainy weather makes me happy. It doesn't trigger any sort of episode though. I don't know, I guess part of it is that it's nice to have a change after months and months of sunshine. Enjoy your rainy weather, I know I am!

Only thing I don't like about rain is the same kinda thing I hate about the five months it's hotter'n hell around here: it makes fitness training pure, unmitigated, balls-to-the-wall hell. I come home covered in mud, shiggerin' sneezin' coughing... plus even more sore than usual cuzuthuh wetness....

Otherwise I generally approve of rainstorms, especially a good pinneapple express with considerable enthusiasm as you've aptly described.

It the weather alert flashing thingy a widget? I have weather Underground's widget on my dashboard but no exciting alert klaxon. That sounds very cool.

I get sort of upset that the storm is supposed to start at night, because I want to see it. I love the wind whipping around and the rain coming down sideways.

I love the danger feeling of maybe driving in the rain and mud. Not getting stuck or swept away...just driving through it.

I love wild weather and my friends think I'm crazy for it.

Then when it is over I feel ...anticlimatic.

>snip<

I'm also very very happy when it's gray and get ...ummm....what's the word... I get bored by sunshine and after awhile I literally drag when the sun has been out for days. I am totally opposite from SAD disorder.

God I miss wild thunderstorms.

Just plain don't get them where I am now. At least when wet and cloudy I can ride to the hills and stand with the clouds racing by streaming through my fingers.

The worst weather for me a clear smoggy dry wintry days. Mist, gales, rain, thunder, snow or bright spring morning sun I like. Midday and afternoon sun are what I call "The Big Warm Sleepy Light" sends me to sleep.

grey hazy structureless sky is depressing.

I must be in the minority, because a cloud of depression sets over me when it rains. I get down and sluggish when it is cloudy. And it's been like that for the past month. We got more rain in January than we got all of last year.

Yes, I live in a desert where the sun shines 300 days a year. Thank goodness for that, or I would be in a serious world of hurt.

I guess I have SAD.

Archived