CrazyBoards.org

Just starting on Wellbutrin

My understanding is that Wellbutrin works on the Dopamine and Norephaline (no , wrong word) receptors, not Seratonin.

I found that it worked very quickly in terms of energy, but I don't know now.....maybe it's pooping out.

sorry, not so helpful....

It can depend on whether you are taking the SR or XL version of Wellbutrin.

You might want to take your dose in the morning, if you find it keeping you up at night.

As with all medications, you need to give it at least a 3-4 week trial, and 6-8 weeks is better. Sometimes you can have annoying side effects that go away with time.

There are lots of topics in this forum dealing with Wellbutrin. If you use the search function, you will find dozens of them.

olga

Maybe all antidepressant medications, although I'll admit ignorance about MAO, tricyclic etc. I wouldn't wait that long for aspirin or Adderall to work. ;-)

snip

As with all medications, you need to give it at least a 3-4 week trial, and 6-8 weeks is better. Sometimes you can have annoying side effects that go away with time.

snip

olga

Maybe all antidepressant medications, although I'll admit ignorance about MAO, tricyclic etc. I wouldn't wait that long for aspirin or Adderall to work. ;-)

snip

snip

olga

Ido, you're a wiseguy. heh

Yes, I meant antidepressants, although I think some of the other crazymeds also need several weeks to build up in the body and reach their full effect.

I also believe that Wellbutrin can be a little unpleasant for a week or two, but that most of those side effects go away.

olga

Archived