CrazyBoards.org

Well mixed...

Im all mixed today, i think it began last night with anxiety setting in and grew into a lovely (not) 3 hour sleep session. I woke up all over the place this morning, happy as a clam all the while sad and irritated. I apoligise for the poor grammer, spelling,etc.. I guess what im trying to get at is that i need better coping skills for these mixed episodes. Any suggestiongs are greatly appreciated, unfortunately i can't see a pdoc ;)

Thank You

Free clinic? Medical school? Community mental health? Patient assist programs? Price-checking at pharmacies?

I noticed on your sig that you don't have insurance anymore...

I need to break down an take some Seroquel. Only problem is ill probably wake up the same way. You are right, I am uninsured and should be looking at the county options available.

for damage control (note not a doctor), throwing a bunch of seroquel at it and really being careful w/ lifestyle [i.e. avoiding caffeine, making sure you eat, maybe try some OTC sleep things in case it does anything] might help you knock it out. And ASAP to someone who can prescribe, even if just a regular GP for now.

I need to break down an take some Seroquel. Only problem is ill probably wake up the same way. You are right, I am uninsured and should be looking at the county options available.

for damage control (note not a doctor), throwing a bunch of seroquel at it and really being careful w/ lifestyle [i.e. avoiding caffeine, making sure you eat, maybe try some OTC sleep things in case it does anything] might help you knock it out. And ASAP to someone who can prescribe, even if just a regular GP for now.

I have an active Prescription for Seroquel, its just too effin expensive.im sorry if i am coming off rude. my thoughts;i hate them, don't want to wake up to them.

I have an active Prescription for Seroquel, its just too effin expensive.im sorry if i am coming off rude. my thoughts;i hate them, don't want to wake up to them.

you don't come across as rude at all. I was just worried about the lack of meds for something that can be so harmful and painful to deal with.

Hi Liquid,

Not much help here, just stopped in to say you've got company, we're kinda in the same predictament (no insurance and up and down the rollercoaster) Doc gave me Rx for ambien- says he wants my sleep regulated... was too effin expensive, so he switched it to ativan. Now, after taking it the other night and levelling off a bit, I'm up for a drug screen for work... yeah sure, it's OK as long as it's prescription, but still... I'd rather it just come out clean and not have to explain myself... could take lithium but gives me the shakes bad, so gonna pass on that. We try our best. Was up till 3am, hate myself, yet can't think of a single thing that isn't hilariously funny, except this situation's probably not... hope you feel better and really wish I had some great wisdom to reveal that would actually be helpful. -Lav

I suppose things that help when I'm off and meds aren't working are...

1. Talking to people (like you're doing now)

2. Militant diet and sleep hygiene

3. Trying to keep my mind off of the nuttiness by doing some sort of activity like video games, internet surfing, reading, writing, etc. - whatever I can concentrate on.

4. Exercise - I dig punching bags myself.

So yeah...all that stuff that people tell you to do. Not a cure, but can be helpful.

I suppose things that help when I'm off and meds aren't working are...

1. Talking to people (like you're doing now)

2. Militant diet and sleep hygiene

3. Trying to keep my mind off of the nuttiness by doing some sort of activity like video games, internet surfing, reading, writing, etc. - whatever I can concentrate on.

4. Exercise - I dig punching bags myself.

So yeah...all that stuff that people tell you to do. Not a cure, but can be helpful.

Thank you, concentration is not coming easily to me lately. What dietary suggestions do you have? Other than the diet thing, I feel as if i am making a half assed effort at the other things mentioned above. you are right. Maybe ill take a walk in the rain today. ;)

What dietary suggestions do you have?

I think the biggest is eating things to keep your blood sugar stable. Good balance of carbohydrates, fat, and protein at each meal, with snacks in between. Limit refined flour, white rice, and sugar because they'll make your blood sugar crash. Avoid high amounts of caffeine.

Archived