CrazyBoards.org

Abilfy Increase is awesome I feel SO much better!

I am SO THRILLED to report that I feel practically stable! I was able to wash that one big knife and not have ONE intrusive thought! So happy, just hope it lasts, I knew I needed 30 mgs of abilify! Damn that other pdoc for telling me she would NOT write for me at that dose, and 20 was her max comfort zone limit. To hell with that! The new substitute pdoc had NO trouble doing it for me when I told him how BAD things had gotten, with my thinking being so bad I was forgetting things, having trouble having ONE stream of thoughts, because others jumbled around into it making for an uncomfortable mess of chaotic thinking I could not cope with any longer.

He was so nice to me, and I had just seen him like a week ago, OMG I was so embarrassed to have to COME back before my scheduled appt, and he was so kind, Not condescending at all like I was afraid he migt be. He wanted to help and thank goodness he did, he said it was fine togo back up to 30 and if it didn't work for me we'd try something else. And to go back DOWN if I developed akathesia, which has NOT happened yet. *knock on wood*

I am so happy! The wellbutrin is good at 150, and the abilify is finally able to work at this dosage. I am so happy it's helping, I went a WHOLE frigging YEAR because that OTHER pdoc I was seen by refused to do what I needed. ;) And BOY did this last year SUCK! I have to wonder how much better I'd have handled things if I had had my proper dose of abilify, yes I know the full 30 mgs is a high dose but when you're coping with intrusive thoughts all the time, chaotic thinking, and mood swings, and remember what 30 was like, with smooth sailing? Sheesh you begin to resent the doc who refuses to do what you need, so I am glad she's leaving...I hate to say that, but I don't think she did a damn thing to help me and this other guy has done what she refused to, HELP get me BACK tot he road where I am stable again.

Damn insurance messed with my abilify last year, stopped covering it, and we had me on seroquel and it failed so the old doc was able to write a letter asking for it to be reinstated and they DID, I just hope they pay for 30 mgs. It's been such a good med for me too. Well I just wanted to cover what SENT me off the road of stability and this old doc was never able to help me get stable again, my next tdoc appt will be MUCH better I'm sure. :) Ilook forward to it as a matter of fact. :) For folks with thinking issues, abilify can either be heaven or I hear it can be hell, so thank heaven's it's helping me still. Thank God. :)

Thanks dannyjjang & Entities! I am so pleased. ;)

Good luck with the abilify trial dannyjjang! Hope for the best with it and see how you feel. It takes awhile for it to work, like you might need to increase the dose, probably not past 10 mgs, or maybe 15. I need the full 30 because I guess my brain is just that checmially imbalanced. Oh well. wacko.gif

That stinks Entities, does it help with your symptoms though? If it didn't help manage them I would stop takng it. blink.gif

Bionic...Bionic, it did help very much so. But altogether I've gained about 50lbs and I can't keep my eyes open past 7pm if I take it in the morning and if I take it at night I'm too tired to go to my afternoon classes. I've asked my doctor to change but she blindly refuses because she says there's no others to try, which is a lie. I know there's like 3/4 other treatments in the UK I can try.

Anyway long story short, I'm getting rid of her on Monday ;) yay! Good luck with Abilify, it was a great drug, I just couldn't handle the side-effects.

Oh Entities!! I am so sorry you've had such a awful experience with this drug, not to mention the silly pdoc who thinks it's okay to just outright ignore the alternatives out there! I hope you get a good trial of something else, Geodon, Seroquel or RIsperdal which might help you without causing so much druggy fogginess and more importantly, the WEIGHT gain! That's AWFUL! blink.gif

My best wishes to you, I hope your next pdoc isn't as resistant to trying to HELP you as this other one was. cussing.gif

That's awesome ;)

I'm dwindling down on Abilify samples so am only taking 15 mg...waiting to see if I qualify for patient assistance. I"m sure I will and am fantasizing about the day I can take 30mg and not have to pay 500$ a month. It works so well for me.

I hate to tell you but for my 30 days of 20 mgs, it was over 700 bucks! I dread seeing what 30 of 30 mgs goes for these days, and can only PRAY the insurance company doesn't stop suddenly covering it for me again, I can't GO through that again. I just can't! Good luck with it kdbeat! I know 30 is where I have to be though to get full benefit from it. So I will fight for it if it comes down to it. unsure.gif

I hate to tell you but for my 30 days of 20 mgs, it was over 700 bucks! I dread seeing what 30 of 30 mgs goes for these days, and can only PRAY the insurance company doesn't stop suddenly covering it for me again, I can't GO through that again. I just can't! Good luck with it kdbeat! I know 30 is where I have to be though to get full benefit from it. So I will fight for it if it comes down to it. unsure.gif

I'm EXTREMELY lucky right now in that I'm getting all of my meds at cost. They all cost next to nothing except the Abilify. I applied for the patient assistance program recently and should probably get it. I haven't been able to work so made about 4500.00 all of last year. If they don't think that's a low enough yearly income to qualify than i'll have one more reason to hate the drug companies. bleh.

At least on 15mg it works great on controlling my paranoia. Huge sigh of relief ;)

I feel so much better back at 30 mgs, it's like night and day, and I hate that I lost a year to the fact the former Pdoc wouldn't up it past 20 mgs and how it all started with my insurance denying it exactly a year ago. I really hope to NOT go through those hoops for it again. I couldn't get Patient Asst. but with my insurance I don't need it thank goodness, or I would be UP a CREEK! I do hope you'll post an update when you get your patient asst set up and get the increased dose going, if it's working pretty good at 15-20 mgs, 25-30 will be even better! ;)

Hey Bionic, what great news! Abilify didnt work for me in the end, but now I am on Risperdal, which has been magical so far. ;) Amazing what a difference the right meds/dose can make. Hope you continue to feel good!

Thanks Moody! I liked risperdal too, it was a good med only I had trouble with weight gain. I'd have stuck with it if wasn't for the weight problems I already had. I am feeling so much better it's all because I got respected by the sedcond pdoc and got what I needed in the increase. It's amazing how those two things can make a person feel all is right with the world. ;)

That's too bad about going into akathesia LiquidLability, I know that happens to some people and it must be awful. I hope it never happens to me...But I feel so much better, it's great to be able to think properly again. ;) THAT was the worst symptom....

I adore abilify, it's one of the few things that have quieted the voices and relatively s/e-free. I do feel a little hyped some mornings, but no akathesia, thank god.

My pdoc, too, doesn't really want to go back up to 30, she'd rather keep me at 20 just because my cholesterol levels came back high borderline. So I'm trying to make dietary changes so that she has no excuse about it. I know she'd rather I be on geodon, but there were too many s/e there, I'm sure it's a great med for a lot of people, but not me.

Sorry, that was a short ramble, wasn't it? Good for having a pdoc that's not afraid of it! So glad you're feeling better.

Thanks Rabbit37! I totally hear you about it quieting down things mentally, It's awful when the mental chatter is so chaotic you can't form straight thoughts. The past year was awful, but I got through it somehow. I hope that it continues to work well for you, my regular doc has me on lovastatin to help lower the cholesterol so we're hoping the bloodwork comes back better then before we'll see, I find out tomorrow so I'll report back then as to how the appt goes. smile.gif

Archived