CrazyBoards.org

QID Ativan

Is it ok to be taking a QID 1mg script of Ativan (Lorazipam)? I question this because it seems like a moderate dose with not much room for modification. In the hospital I took it @ 9, 1, 5, and 9. Here @ home I will take it after breakfast, 1, 5, and bedtime. But what I want to know is that too much Ativan for such a young man (22) to be taking or am I ok?. I think I'm ok because I've never had abusive tendencies in the past with Xanax, Klonopin, or Valium.

If your p-doc RX'd it for you, then it's probably okay, and he probably thinks you need it. There's people that take higher doses than that, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you feel like you are taking too much and would like to take less, talk to your p-doc about that. I take about 3mg klonopin a day and I think it's too much only in the sense that I know eventually, not even that is going to help my anxiety. I worry about growing a tolerance so fast at such a young age (23) and one day being fucked with nothing to help my anxiety.

But, like you said, as long as you are not abusing it, then it should be okay, if you don't think you NEED the amound prescribed, tell your doctor ASAP.

QID lorazepam, they may as well put you on BID or OD diazepam or clonazepam.

lorazepam (Ativan), or really, any of the benzos, aren't exactly medicines that you want to be on regularly. PRN dosing is most appropriate. If you hit a rough patch of anxiety and need a dose -- by all means, take a dose. But if you're on them all the time, eventually the medication will lose its effectiveness, and you either will develop a physical dependance (withdrawal symptoms), or you not longer receive the benefit you're looking for from the medication, and need a dose increase.

If you end up over-sedated, sleepy, or otherwise overly lethargic, then you should work with your doctor to get the dose reduced as soon as you can. Again, how quick tolerance develops is dependant on the amount consumed.

QID lorazepam, they may as well put you on BID or OD diazepam or clonazepam.

lorazepam (Ativan), or really, any of the benzos, aren't exactly medicines that you want to be on regularly.

I'll chalk this up to you not knowing Andy too well. If you read his posts regularly for a year or more, you will realize how gripped he is by his anxieties and anxiety-driven complexes. And I believe he has tried other benzos.

Andy, if it works for you and you do not have a "spacey" or disconnected feeling from the world, then you are on an adequate dosage. Don't worry about the number, it's about the effect it produces on you.

And age is just a number. Some days I feel 22. And then someone calls me Mrs. Gizmo when I pick up my 12 year old from school. Then I feel old again.

Just keep pushing for sanity, Andy. It's there within your reach.

If you end up over-sedated, sleepy, or otherwise overly lethargic, then you should work with your doctor to get the dose reduced as soon as you can. Again, how quick tolerance develops is dependant on the amount consumed.

Tolerance often develops to some of the benzo effects, ie sedation, but not to the anti-anxiety effects. I have not lost any effectiveness in 20+ years

yet I am tolerant to the sedation of ativan.

nf

Tolerance often develops to some of the benzo effects, ie sedation, but not to the anti-anxiety effects. I have not lost any effectiveness in 20+ years

yet I am tolerant to the sedation of ativan.

nf

This is true, I have lost the sedative effect.

B.

I've been on Klonopin for 9 years.

Archived