CrazyBoards.org

frozen in time feeling

Is it like you feel slowed down but everything else around you is still at the same speed? I get that, apparently it's an extreme form of hypervigilance.

However, time distortion is very common in dissodiative disorders. This is a page from my website about time distortion, its written related to DID but a similar efect can be found in any dissociative disorder

Is it like you feel slowed down but everything else around you is still at the same speed? I get that, apparently it's an extreme form of hypervigilance.

However, time distortion is very common in dissodiative disorders. This is a page from my website about time distortion, its written related to DID but a similar efect can be found in any dissociative disorder

Yes that's it, the feeling you described.

B.

As far as I know there is no medicatin for it... I have been told that some anxiety meds can help a little, s anxiety can trigger it, but I haven't tried so not sure if they are effective

Yeah the Klonopin and Valium help it some, Klonopin does especially, but have to be careful with it.

B.

I had something like this the other day.

Normally I just inhabit a strange misty cardboard world where the people are all just bits of meat talking to other bits of meat, like some low-budget music video, but this time I sat in the street and it seemed like a million people zoomed past in their little toy cars and walked up and down the street and warp speed, whilst I was just frozen in time.

It always happens when I'm anxious or zoned out in thought.

Archived