CrazyBoards.org

I'm completely changing my post, which I think is okay since no one has replied to it so it won't be confusing. I did my own research since I was impatient and it says it can cause drowsiness and low blood pressure. So what I should say is that I wish I didn't want to drink. I like to feel detached and like I'm having fun. I always get like this in the winter and I don't know why. I turn 21 in less than 2 months. And I wonder if I'll go hog wild. It sort of scares me, but I don't really care what happens to me.

...I'm not sure exactly what to address. So sorry if I'm addressing the wrong thing.

You're going to get different answers in your research depending what country the information is coming from.

The US- "Avoid alcohol while taking RISPERDAL "

http://www.risperdal.com/safety.html

UK- "You should be careful how much alcohol you drink. The combined effect of Risperdalâ„¢ and alcohol might make you feel drowsy."

http://www.janssen-c...&product=none#7

You might want to read this:

Both alcohol and antipsychotics can affect the brain so it is not

recommended that you drink alcohol while taking antipsychotics.

Drinking alcohol can make psychosis worse and in combination with

antipsychotics can cause severe drowsiness. Once you are used to the

medication and know the effects of taking alcohol you may be able to

drink alcohol occasionally and in small amounts. It is good to be cautious

because alcohol affects people in different ways, especially when taking

medication.

Do not stop taking your medication because you feel like drinking alcohol.

If you drink alcohol, drink only small amounts. Never drink alcohol and

drive while taking medication.

Honestly, I have had alcohol while taking risperdal.

But I didn't go out and party like a rock star.

If you are feeling like you need to drink, you are having trouble resisting drinking, it's best to just keep up with the not drinking at all, because it's less likely that you will be able to keep it to one and it would be best to just not drink at all in any case.

If you are feeling crappy, drinking is going to make it worse and you should address the feeling crappy with your doctor.

I know it's a pain in the ass and maybe you feel like it's not going to help but you have to keep at it.

If you have a therapist, talk with them about your birthday and start planning for your birthday how you can avoid getting out of control and start telling your friends that you DON'T want to get totally sloshed and out of control.

See if you can find something to replace drinking. A club or something. Keep busy if you can.

Archived