CrazyBoards.org

Mom of bipolar son

This is primarily a first-person site, meaning we converse with the people who are experiencing the symptoms, not with their family members or friends.

There are a few different places you can go, however.

There is a pretty good place called healthyplace.com

It's an information site with a few forums. It's big but informative and for MI consumers AND their loved ones, with all kinds of articles ranging from how to encourage your loved one to get help, how to support them, how to understand what is going on, and how to communicate.

Another place with a forum and information is psychcentral.com

It's pretty informative, and the people there are usually very nice.

If YOU have some MI issues personally, please stick around and feel free to talk about them.

We do want to help.

It just gets REALLY confusing and difficult and lends to all kinds of misunderstanding if the actual person is not at the computer.

You're definitely welcome to share any of your own issues, though and you can PM me if you need help finding any more resources.

This is primarily a first-person site, meaning we converse with the people who are experiencing the symptoms, not with their family members or friends.

There are a few different places you can go, however.

There is a pretty good place called healthyplace.com

It's an information site with a few forums. It's big but informative and for MI consumers AND their loved ones, with all kinds of articles ranging from how to encourage your loved one to get help, how to support them, how to understand what is going on, and how to communicate.

Another place with a forum and information is psychcentral.com

It's pretty informative, and the people there are usually very nice.

If YOU have some MI issues personally, please stick around and feel free to talk about them.

We do want to help.

It just gets REALLY confusing and difficult and lends to all kinds of misunderstanding if the actual person is not at the computer.

You're definitely welcome to share any of your own issues, though and you can PM me if you need help finding any more resources.

ok thanks and i wanted to know what the hell is going on in the bipolar brain so I figured I would get some feed back not so much for myself to handle stuff but what is going thru the brain so i can understand him better

Hi.

You can put 10 people with bipolar in a room and ask them to describe what bipolar is like. Many will have experienced some of the main illness descriptors. In that, there is some commonality. Beyond that, each person would describe his or her own unique experience. Individual experiences are further unique in that each brings his or her own past experiences, personality, IQ, other health issues, etc. Basically, no one here can tell you all that much about your son. You are, however, welcome to read posts and peruse the site. There is useful info.

Archived