CrazyBoards.org

experience with provigil?

can anyone tell me how they felt on provigil?

more specifically did it make you talk more? feel detatched but happy? want to drink more (alcohol)? make you not want to go to sleep at night even though you didn't feel "awake"? make you not want to listen to conversations?

or any other effects... good or bad

curious....

im interested in this drug also, because i get so tired. its not available on a pbs script for me so it would cost a lot, not subsidised at all. But it might be worth it, if i suddenly become a lot more productive, anything is worth it.

did it trigger any mania/hypomania or anxiety in anyone? does it have any particular side effects that are bad?

holy crap. i had no idea it cost so much. it's to counter act the effects of other meds.... interesting insurance co's won't cover it for other uses though not surprising. i was told people get it for shift work (obviously they would have to have a doc fudge a little for that) because it keeps them awake.... which i think is wrong of a doc to ever give it to someone for that.

holy crap. i had no idea it cost so much. it's to counter act the effects of other meds.... interesting insurance co's won't cover it for other uses though not surprising. i was told people get it for shift work (obviously they would have to have a doc fudge a little for that) because it keeps them awake.... which i think is wrong of a doc to ever give it to someone for that.

Provigil is licensed in the US for shift-work sleep problems, so I'm not sure why a person would have to lie to their doctor, that's one of the main intended uses of the medication.

http://www.provigil.com/

It depends where you are. In Australia its on the PBS (pharmaceutical benefits scheme) for treatment of Narcolepsy that hasnt been managed by other medication and sometimes doctors will stretch the truth a little, but this requires an authority and you have to submit EEG testing and other crap to prove that you have Narcolepsy. So pretty much unless you have a really inventive doctor, theres no way you'd get it subsidised by the government, which is the way things work over here. However they can prescribe it to you on a private script, and then it will cost you $177 or something like that ... per month i think.

For you guys in America, this probably sounds like some of the costs you have to deal with, but in Australia if you take a medication that is listed for your condition it costs you maximum about $32 now. So its a *lot* more. Anyone who has no money, is a pensioner or student or whatever, pays only about $5.60. So $177 is a lot, compared.

Archived