CrazyBoards.org

I'm starting to get slow again :(

Good news: Risperdal is starting to really work. It's starting to lessen my delusions and paranoia, and it keeps me from being furious and so mad that I yell or cry for no reason. It made me a little depressed but I was put on an antidepressant to help that.

But okay now the bad: I'm starting to lose some mental functioning now. It's hard to read anything above junior high grade level (I'm 20). Meaning unless something is written out in a really basic way, it's hard for me to read. Studying is almost completely impossible, although I do manage to try and force myself to do it. So far my job hasn't suffered yet (I tutor math at college) but I'm scared of when that might happen. I feel stupid. I can't think critically, I can't read long winded writing, I can't study my Chemistry or read my Shakespeare readings...and I can't find pleasure (or skill) in video games. I don't know what's happened to me.

There's a good chance that the episode has fried your brain and you need time to recover.

Dulling from meds usually fades within a few weeks. You may have frybrain and dulling happening together. One, the other, or both should go away in a few weeks.

Hang in there. Right now, as Dianthus said, getting stable is more important.

Archived