CrazyBoards.org

Creative block making me cycle?

I've felt horrible for a few days, just sleeping all day and what-not...I just feel like nothing's working. I started to feel really good earlier and tried to sit down and work on a few design gigs. I've run into a creative block and I feel like I'm a fucking failure and piece of shit. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself.

I have creative block most of the time now. I've just learned to stay out of my art room unless I have a specific project in mind. If I go in there an just try to force myself, I feel impotent and incomplete.

But my lack of creativity, no matter how it makes me feel, does not make me cycle in any way, up or down. It just makes me *feel*.

Have to agree with gizmo about not trying to force yourself... will only increase the frustration level and self-disgust. Have had 2 instances today... right now can't sleep. Haven't been able to all week, but whenever I lay there and try to make myself fall asleep it just doesn't work and I keeping fighting my head. I kinda think the cycling is the cause rather than the effect. IMO......

I'm having a major creative block right now, I've decided to step away from the studio and take a break. I feel depressed over it, but I realize that it's a situational depression, not chemical imbalance.

I wish you the best. Forcing myself doesn't seem to be working, but I've heard from a lot of artists that it does. Give it a try, and see what happens.

Archived