CrazyBoards.org

Klonopin change

I've been on Klonopin 8 years now, I peaked at 4mg in 2007, I slowly tapered to 2.25mg, I had to stop there, the withdrawal was horrible, I was doing it to lose tolerance, I am back to 3mg a day now, here's the problem, the first mg doesn't do much, when I take the second 1mg, I feel better, maybe I should take 2mg in the morning instead of one, by the third mg I feel better. Numb from everything, but better.

B.

What exactly do you want people to tell you? I've been reading your benzo posts for weeks now, and I don't get them. You alter between admitting your addicted to them and "only" being tolerant to them.

I like anything that makes me feel euphoric, downers, just anything that makes me buzzed.

Beer, Benzos, Morphine, Opiates, Ketamine, Hydros onward...

??

Billy.

I've tried, I can't do it.

I'm addicted to Klonopin too have been for 9 years now, tried to taper it, couldn't do it, it was hard as hell, also like Valium.

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/35159-how-do-you-beat-a-downer-addiction/page__p__385908__fromsearch__1&#entry385908

To answer your question, you are not supposed to "feel" the medication working, unless you are having an active anxiety or panic attack at the time you take the medication. And klonopin is notoriously slow for starting to work, taking as long as an hour to take effect in some cases. So that one pill probably works fine for you, you just aren't giving it time to take effect.

As for the "needing to feel something", well, that's something that you are going to need to get help for on your own. There are plently of places to start... your pdoc being a good one. A therapist would also be a good choice. A NA group could do you some good.

I cannot just walk into my NeuroPsych and say I have a Benzo Addiction, I think I'm physically dependent on them, of course after 8 years, not 9 (my bad) on posting.

My memory is not what it was, not being rude, but if I told my Neuro this, he would send me to detox, they jerk you off the Benzo, give you Pheno and a Beta Blocker.... and you're there for a week, it's like a cold turkey, and I cold turkied off Xanax once, it was hell on earth! Beyond!

I'm not being rude at all, maybe the Zyprexa will help, which I get tomm.

B.

You don't stop being an addict any less than you suddenly stop being bipolar. And klonopin is considered by many to be a "downer".

ETA: I've cold turkey'd off high doses of xanax twice in my life. Once in the phospital after a xanax OD. Yes, I was given phenobarbital and the whole process sucked ass really bad. But I've cold turkey'd off xanax twice, and if I need to, I'll do it again if I ever get to the point where I'm taking too much. I now take it 3-4 times a week and I'm comfortable with that.

Please don't tell me that I don't know what would happen to you or what it's like to detox off benzos. I've been very open about my experiences on this board, and you can look me up any time.

You don't stop being an addict any less than you suddenly stop being bipolar. And klonopin is considered by many to be a "downer".

Yeah it's a downer just like all of them, but I am on a combo, so I have pick me ups.

I dunno, whatever I guess, but what I'm considering is taking 2mg in the am, 1mg in the pm, talk to doc tomm, AGAIN!

They can't seem to get anything correct where I'm at, I'm not stable really at all, but after tomm. hopefully I will be.

Yeah once an addict usually the craving will always be there, just have to learn to say NO, and I've been addicted to my share of drugs.

B.

I'm not going to comment on the addiction. I just want to add.. your pdoc rx'd 3mg (right or wrong) so, as long as you stick to 3 pills, you can take them whenever you want. If 2/1 helps more than 1/2, do it that way. It's up to you.

I'm not going to comment on the addiction. I just want to add.. your pdoc rx'd 3mg (right or wrong) so, as long as you stick to 3 pills, you can take them whenever you want. If 2/1 helps more than 1/2, do it that way. It's up to you.

Yeah I'm going to ask for 2mg pills tomm. hopefully that will work, 1mg just don't cut it sometimes.

Thanks B.

...To answer your question, you are not supposed to "feel" the medication working,...

[/quote name='gizmo' date='09 February 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1265743841' post='391245']

so true. not just in relation to this post but to all of us who are medicated.

edited to add: i sure f'd that post up. sorry for its ugliness :/

...To answer your question, you are not supposed to "feel" the medication working,...

[/quote name='gizmo' date='09 February 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1265743841' post='391245']

You are on 4-6mg, I may have to increase it back to 4mg, my max use to be 6, sometimes I would take 8mg, just 3mg now.

B.

May I ask how long you have been on the Klonopin?

B.

You are on 4-6mg, I may have to increase it back to 4mg, my max use to be 6, sometimes I would take 8mg, just 3mg now.

B.

I'm on 2-4mg a day. The majority of the time right now, 2mg. Your point?

B.

I'm on 2-4mg a day. The majority of the time right now, 2mg. Your point?

Just curious... that's all.

Archived