CrazyBoards.org

Yo yo yo

I'm 28 years old and have suffered with various aspects of MI since I was 14, including suicidal depression, eating disorders, self-harm, derealization, and them nasty drugs and alcohol.

On meeting a wonderful man, I've finally managed to choose life and seek a diagnosis and treatment - which I know is only the first hurdle of a long course but it's taken me such a long time to get even here.

I'm pretty high functioning and work full-time to keep me occupied, but I never get very far due to frequent and spectacular breakdowns. I'm always either freaking out or picking up the pieces, but I'm grateful to be part of it all, have some wonderful friends and wickedly random outbursts of hypomania.

I paint, read widely, have an impressively eclectic itunes library, love world film, and when I grow up I want to be a ninja.

That's it really.

ho ho ho welcome to the asylum . there will always work for moonbat ninjas . that you manage your mental handicap so well that you keep on working is admirable to say the least . it is something that i was able to do for 40 odd years, only because i buried myself in it .

see you around the boards !

Odille, welcome to Crazyboards. I'm glad you found us and I hope that we can be some support for you.

Congratulations on seeking treatment---you will meet people here who were ill until their 30s or 40s, before getting a diagnosis. It will take a while, but I hope that you find the right combination of meds and therapy to help you attain a more stable life.

We have a blog section and chat, so feel free to try them out.

olga

Archived