CrazyBoards.org

Just Got Out

I'm taking all my medications as prescribed, but now I'm having a new problem. In the hospital as they were adjusting everything, I was doing fine. I was getting more and more stable and I was gaining more 'normalcy' day by day. I just got home less than one week ago and already things are starting to arise. I'm starting to yell at Mom again. That hasn't happened in a long time. She'll just say something to me and all I do is yell at her in response. I don't like it. Also, I had 2 crying spells. I know that this is characteristic of my depressive episodes. I cried feeling that I'm never going to be independent. As it is I have to have others help me when it comes to making phone calls to SS, and Insurance Companies and I don't ever have a clue as to what to ask so it makes it difficult to get everything straight. I felt so bad I started getting in the old habit of m************g. Now I got to force myself to stop that. My case manager comes and sees me at program tomorrow, but I don't know what to do or say. I also see the doctor too. I'm so lost. What do I do? I don't want to fall too far to the point where I end up in the hospital. But being only out of the hospital for a short period of time I know the doctor won't change my medicine right away. Now I really want to crawl in a corner and cry...

Andy, write down what you've experienced, when, how long. Bring that with you. It's important that you tell your doctors. This could be an adjustment to being out???, or it could be a sign that an adjustment to meds is needed. If you keep the info to yourself, the docs won't know what's up and so won't be able to help you best.

That you are struggling some does not mean they'll recommend that you go back inpatient. They'll monitor and look for the best treatment plan. So, I wouldn't let that worry stop you from being forthcoming.

I'm sorry you have this stuff going on. Hang tight.

You have to remember that you didn't have to do all the things that stressed you out in the hospital. No phone calls to SSA, they gave you your meds, you only saw your mom during visiting hours. The first few days was the honeymoon period. Now the reality of living outside the hospital is hitting you.

But don't worry, it will get better, You are not destined for a life of hospital stays. No matter what it feels like now.

Archived