CrazyBoards.org

Does how much you eat affect how medicine will work? Risperdal sort of suppressed my appetite, and now that I'm on Pristiq, I eat next to nothing. When I eat it's only so I'm making sure I'm eating, I don't want to. Will this make the medicine less effective? Sort of like if my metabolism slows to a crawl, will it stop working? Eating hardly anything will be good for weight loss, but I don't want to forfeit my positive effects from meds.

Eating hardly anything will slow your metabolism and make you pile on the weight as your body is in starvation mode. If you're going to eat healthily, exercise and get adequate nutrition, fair enough. Starving yourself is just counter productive.

I'm losing medication weight through a sensible diet and exercise regime. I never feel hungry.

I never said I wasn't eating to lose weight. I said, the fact that these medications make me never want to eat will help me lose weight. And I'm forcing myself to eat so my body DOESN'T go into starvation mode cause I've heard that it slows your metabolism to a crawl a million times. I'm more worried about the medication not working, not weight loss.

Archived