CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
maybetinymaybesad

~10 mg of diazepam a day for a month

i have been taking 10 mg of diazepam for about a month with two three to four day breaks. during those three to four day breaks which occurred about ten days into the month and then last wed to sat, i didn't notice any WD symptoms. i have not really used benzos much in my life, if that matters.

has anyone been in my position, and did you experience WD, and, if so, how bad?

If you haven't had any WD effects so far, and only used benzos for a short period of time, the chances of any withdrawal effects are slim to none. However, it is always advisable to slowly taper off benzos.

Been taking roughly that, nightly, in diazepam equivilant (temazepam), for the past 9 months.

Its no problem quitting for 2-3 weeks. My original symptoms come back (chronic insomnia). But no anxiety, or anything nasty like that.

Benzo dependance is like alcohol dependance. Some people become addicted after a couple nights of drinking. Others can drink a six pack a day for literally years at a time, and have no withdrawal.