CrazyBoards.org

Celexa to Lexapro

I was on Lexapro 20-30mg depending on the need. Then I switched to Celexa 40mg due to no insurance. I have insurance again and ordered 100ct of Lexapro 20mg tablets. I've been taking the Lexapro 20mg the past 2 days, and today I feel like a wreck (Read my blog entry and my other thread in social phobia).

Could it be that I need a higher dose of Lexapro to match 40mg of Celexa I was doing pretty well on? I emailed my pdoc about this, waiting for a response.

I don't really know what the conversion is from Celexa to Lexapro... Celexa 40mg to Lexapro 20mg was my guess, but I don't think it's enough. Or perhaps I'm being to rash, and I need to give it more time to see what will happen. Just feeling crazy right now and ready to take action.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I'm just a bit panicy right now. I think I just need to up the dosage and I'll be fine. I just took another 10mg (To add to the 20mg I took this morning), and tomorrow I'll be at 30mg.

So, thanks for the luck... it's a small bit of trial and error getting the Lexapro squared away again. Just not so fun in the meantime. Worth it in the end, though.

Archived